Euphonism Holding Auditions for Female Singers!

  • Amanda C. Aldag
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16, 2011
      Euphonism, a 7-member co-ed vocal band based in the Washington, DC metro area, is now holding open auditions for a new female vocalist!  We sing a variety of pop, R&B and rock covers as well as original music  - all a cappella.  Auditions will be held in Arlington on January 26th and February 2nd.

      We perform an average of 1-2 times per month and rehearse twice weekly on Wednesdays and Sundays.  This time around we looking for a soprano or an alto - someone who will be a positive addition to our group in vocal abilities and beyond.

      Those interested in auditioning should be able to demonstrate:
       * confident solo vocals
       * blending abilities for backup vocals
       * the ability to learn new music quickly (sightreading a plus!)
       * the dedication to regularly attend twice weekly rehearsals
       * the desire to perform regularly
       * interest in being part of a national network of singers, with opportunities for travel
       * a positive attitude about rehearsing, performing and being part of a talented, fun group :)

      Euphonism is a member of the Contemporary A Cappella League, CASA's network of high-quality post-collegiate a cappella ensembles. We love to have fun, but know that we take our music pretty seriously and have been recognized with CARA nominations, 2nd runner up at Mid-Atlantic Harmony Sweeps, and most recently, with a WAMA nomination for the area's Best A Cappella Group.  Please note there are opportunities for paid performances, but this is not a paid position.

      If you are interested in scheduling an audition, please contact Amanda at amanda@... as soon as possible.  Auditions will continue until we find the right fit, so the earlier you can meet with us the better!

      To learn more about Euphonism, please visit us on the web at www.euphonism.com.  We're also on Facebook, Twitter (@euphonismdc) and YouTube, so go ahead and stalk us!

      Looking forward to hearing you SING!
      Amanda Aldag