Announcing The Sweeps 2010 Lineup!

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28 8:04 AM

      Dear Friends,

      We are delighted to announce the lineup for the 2010 Harmony Sweepstakes Mid-Atlantic Regional!  Competition was extremely stiff this year – no doubt owing to the refreshing lift that a cappella received from the NBC Sing-Off! competition.  As a result, we have a very strong lineup this year!

      Returning to host this year from Baltimore is MAXX Factor.  As you know, after winning the region last year, MAXX Factor went on to win the Nationals. They followed that up with a spot on the NBC competition Sing-Off!,where they did themselves very proud in a field of extremely diverse and talented competitors – all with a lot more than just four voices to rely on!

      Here is the lineup for this year:

      • DoubleShot! – The boys from Pittsburgh, PA are back for more hijinks in "Ohten"!
      • Euphonism – Back with a new lineup are local favorites Euphonism.
      • Fleur de Lisa – This quirky quartet from Durham, NC are prepared to take on all comers!
      • Glorious – This Richmond, VA gospel quartet competed in 2006 and 2007 and we are glad to have them back!
      • Lustre – This Sweet Adelines group from Baltimore wowed the judges last year and are back for another shot.
      • Tonic & Gin – Returning for their 3rd year, these local faves are going forit again!
      • Voices of Truth – Testify!  This Contemporary Christian ensemble is ready to bring the fire!
      • The West Side 5 – These newcomers to the Mid-Atlantic Regional from my old stomping grounds in NYC are smooth as silk!

      For more on the performers, please visit http://www.harmony-sweepstakes.com/dc.html.

      For tickets, visit http://www.ticketmaster.com/Harmony-Sweepstakes-2010-tickets/artist/1396792.

      We expect tickets to go even quicker than usual this year, so PLEASE get 'em early!

      Here are the particulars on the show:

      • Date: Saturday, April 10, 2010
      • Time: 7:30 p.m. (doors open at 5)
      • Location:  The Birchmere, 3701 Mt. Vernon Ave, Alexandria, VA, 22305, www.birchmere.com
      • Ticket Price: $35 plus Ticketmaster fees

      You can also visit us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/?sk=messages&tid=252858536445#!/event.php?eid=321741930778&ref=ts.

      We look forward to another fantastic show! Thanks as always for your support!

      Regional Director
      Harmony Sweepstakes Mid-Atlantic Regional
      and the Mid-Atlantic Sweeps Production Team

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 28 9:21 AM
        I inadvertently provided the wrong Facebook page link in this announcement.

        Here is the correct one:

        http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=269056782583&ref=ts

        Sorry for the error!

        Best,