Harmony Sweepstakes TWO THOUSAND AND TEN!!!

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 14, 2009

      Dear Mid-Atlantic A Cappella Fans and Friends,

      I hope everyone is having a good holiday season!

      First and foremost, in case you have not heard, last year's Mid-Atlantic Regional and Nationals champs MAXX Factor made it to the finals of NBC's a cappella competition "The Sing-Off" (http://www.nbc.com/sing-off/).  They are one of only eight finalists competing.  We are just tickled that A Cappella is finally getting the attention it so rightfully deserves in the national spotlight!  The show starts tonight, so make sure to tune in!

      (Way to go, ladies!  We're rooting for you!  Don't forget your friends at the Mid-Atlantic Sweeps!  We need you to host next year's show!)

      Speaking of which, here are the particulars for next year's show (entry information follows below):

      • Date: Saturday, April 10, 2010
      • Time: 7:30 p.m. (doors open at 5)
      • Location:

      The Birchmere Music Hall
      3701 Mt. Vernon Avenue
      Alexandria, VA 22305
      www.birchmere.com

      • Ticket Price: $35 plus Ticketmaster fees*
      • How to purchase tickets: Tickets go on sale after Christmas at the Birchmere box office any evening there is a show or at www.birchmere.com

      * OK, so I can hear the collective screams of our loyal fans from here in Sweeps Central.  Let me say that we fought very hard to keep the ticket prices down.  That is why this announcement is about three weeks later than usual - we have been going back and forth with The Birchmere management on this point.  Unfortunately, we were not successful, and it is too late to secure another venue.  I know that this is a lot of money, especially in the current economy, but keep in mind that our show is at the low end of the spectrum when it comes to ticket prices for shows at The Birchmere.  Their costs have gone up, and they need to make a buck like everybody else.  The production team vows to do everything in our power to make sure you get your money's worth.  We appreciate your understanding on this point…

      (And no, I can't do a thing about those pesky Ticketmaster fees, either. :( )

      Entry Information

      So you want to throw your hat in the ring to enter?  Here is everything you need to know:

      • Entry Deadline: February 15th, 2010
      • Rules: You must be a group of between 3 and 8 members to be eligible. You do not need to be from the Mid-Atlantic area!  I get my share of grief over this point from the fans, but them's the rules.  (Please go to http://www.harmony-sweepstakes.com/rules.html for a comprehensive list of rules.)

      To enter:

      1.      Go to http://www.harmony-sweepstakes.com/enter.html and follow the instructions.

      2.     Send a music sample

      3.     Send two high quality 8x10 photos

      I use a photo for the marquee out front, so you should send something you would be proud to have displayed!

      If you have digital media (mp3's, jpegs, etc.), please e-mail it to tdonat AT gmail.com.

      We look forward to another fantastic show!

      Best regards,
      Ted Donat and the Production Staff of the
      Harmony Sweepstakes Mid-Atlantic Regional

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 8, 2010

        Dear Fans and Friends,

        Happy New Year!  I hope everyone had a nice holiday!

        I just got word from The Birchmere that tickets for the Harmony Sweepstakes Mid-Atlantic Regional 2010 are officially on sale

        Just click here:
        http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/15004425BCC83253?artistid=1396792&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

        Or head over to the Birchmere box office any night there is a show.

        You know the drill!  Get 'em before they ain't!

        If you are interested in entering the competition, please see below for information on how to do it.  The deadline is January 31st.

        Looking forward to another great show!!!

        Best,
        Ted Donat

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 28, 2010

          Dear Friends,

          We are delighted to announce the lineup for the 2010 Harmony Sweepstakes Mid-Atlantic Regional!  Competition was extremely stiff this year – no doubt owing to the refreshing lift that a cappella received from the NBC Sing-Off! competition.  As a result, we have a very strong lineup this year!

          Returning to host this year from Baltimore is MAXX Factor.  As you know, after winning the region last year, MAXX Factor went on to win the Nationals. They followed that up with a spot on the NBC competition Sing-Off!,where they did themselves very proud in a field of extremely diverse and talented competitors – all with a lot more than just four voices to rely on!

          Here is the lineup for this year:

          • DoubleShot! – The boys from Pittsburgh, PA are back for more hijinks in "Ohten"!
          • Euphonism – Back with a new lineup are local favorites Euphonism.
          • Fleur de Lisa – This quirky quartet from Durham, NC are prepared to take on all comers!
          • Glorious – This Richmond, VA gospel quartet competed in 2006 and 2007 and we are glad to have them back!
          • Lustre – This Sweet Adelines group from Baltimore wowed the judges last year and are back for another shot.
          • Tonic & Gin – Returning for their 3rd year, these local faves are going forit again!
          • Voices of Truth – Testify!  This Contemporary Christian ensemble is ready to bring the fire!
          • The West Side 5 – These newcomers to the Mid-Atlantic Regional from my old stomping grounds in NYC are smooth as silk!

          For more on the performers, please visit http://www.harmony-sweepstakes.com/dc.html.

          For tickets, visit http://www.ticketmaster.com/Harmony-Sweepstakes-2010-tickets/artist/1396792.

          We expect tickets to go even quicker than usual this year, so PLEASE get 'em early!

          Here are the particulars on the show:

          • Date: Saturday, April 10, 2010
          • Time: 7:30 p.m. (doors open at 5)
          • Location:  The Birchmere, 3701 Mt. Vernon Ave, Alexandria, VA, 22305, www.birchmere.com
          • Ticket Price: $35 plus Ticketmaster fees

          You can also visit us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/?sk=messages&tid=252858536445#!/event.php?eid=321741930778&ref=ts.

          We look forward to another fantastic show! Thanks as always for your support!

          Regional Director
          Harmony Sweepstakes Mid-Atlantic Regional
          and the Mid-Atlantic Sweeps Production Team

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 28, 2010
            I inadvertently provided the wrong Facebook page link in this announcement.

            Here is the correct one:

            http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=269056782583&ref=ts

            Sorry for the error!