Orfeia is looking for women singers!

  • Diane Weinroth
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2009

      Interested in an amazing singing experience?  Orfeia is a women’s a cappella vocal ensemble specializing in the music of Bulgaria and the Balkans.  We are holding open auditions for all women’s voices.  No prior Balkan singing experience is required (we’ve got members who had never heard a note of Balkan music before hearing us) but some singing or choral experience is preferred.  We rehearse once a week in D.C. or Maryland , with periodic additional rehearsals.

      Our director is Tatiana Sarbinska, an award-winning singer, director and teacher (www.tatianasarbinska.com).  Her vocal prowess and stage presence are only outdone by her gift for teaching – she will having you doing unbelievable things with your voice.

      If you’re not familiar with this music, trust us – it’ll sweep you off your feet.  And if you’ve sung it before, you won’t need any convincing.  Check us out at www.orfeia.org.  For more information, email info@... or call Courtney at 240-462-8426.