Baltimore Bach group auditions: Not quite "A capella", but tangentially related...

  • Peter Marvit
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2009
    Forgive the possible transgression into pure A Capella-land, but I thought some list member may be personally interested or know of other talented singers who might like to sing Bach. In particular, the Bach concert Series performs a Bach cantata with orchestra (plus some ancient or modern unaccompanied pieces) every month for free.

    Rehearsals are Sundays 5-7pm near the inner harbor in Baltimore (Christ Lutheran Church, next to the Maryland Science Center), plus Tuesdays once a month, and a concert every first Sunday at 4PM. The group is 30-40 singers and has been a lot of fun for me for the past 6 seasons. Good sight reading and some experience with German would be assets. It *is* Bach, of course.

    Oh, and there's always a large work in the Spring--next year, St. John's Passion.

    There are openings for all voice parts, though sopranos and basses are especially needed. Please contact the Music Director, Herb Dimmock, at  thdimmock@... or (717) 533-6873.  Also, the season's schedule is posted on the BCS website:  www.bachinbaltimore.org.  Plus (you knew it was coming) Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=885675264#/pages/Baltimore-MD/Bach-Concert-Series/44422732173

    Cheers,
    Peter
    <tenor>

    : Peter Marvit, PhD
    :<pmarvit at gmail dot com OR pmarvit at psyc dot umd dot edu>
    : Psychology Department, University of Maryland, College Park
    : College Park, MD 20742
    : (lab) 301-405-5940    (fax) 301-314-9566