Chromatics: Special Concert Announcement Aug 8, Kensington, MD

  • astropadi
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2009
      Hi A cappella fans!

      Padi, from the Chromatics here. Just wanted to let you guys know about the concert we will be hosting August 8th in Kensington, MD, with our special guest, Canadian singer-songwriter Mike Evin. Below is the announcement we sent to our mailing list. Hope to see some of you there, and apologies if you've gotten this twice. The concert will take place in the beyond-incredible studio space, Blue House Kensington. If you're a local group considering recording soon, you could come check out the studio, and enjoy a double header concert as well!

      All the best,

      Dear Chromie Fans,

      Thanks to all who came out to see us this month in Bethesda and/or
      Rehoboth. We're delighted that the weather held out and we had a great
      time singing for enthusiastic and cheerful crowds.

      Today we're excited to announce a special concert we're hosting later
      this summer. We're pleased to be performing an intimate acoustic studio
      concert on August 8th, 2009 at 8pm at Blue House Studios in Kensington,
      Maryland, featuring our special guest, the unique and inspiring
      Montreal-based singer-songwriter Mike Evin. Some of the Chromatics had
      the pleasure of discovering the wonders of Mike on the Barenaked Ladies
      Ships'n'Dip cruise in February. And so did the rest of the ship -- by the
      end of the week, Mike was the talk of the boat and his shows were
      jam-packed with new fans.

      CBC Radio says "Mike Evin is a rarity -- a pop composer who isn't afraid
      to use his wit or wear his heart for all to hear." Or, as fellow piano
      popster Dan Bryk puts it, "Mike possesses phenomenal hooks, and truly
      awesome stride-y piano chops -- that is, when he's not finger-snapping
      and hand-clapping the audience into some otherworldly bliss."

      Otherworldly? We can do otherworldly. So we'll be splitting the bill with
      Mike at Blue House Productions' new studio/performance space in Kensington,
      MD. We fell in love with this warm, sonically-designed space the moment
      we set foot in it, and we're sure you will too.

      Would you like to join us at this intimate double concert? If you're
      interested, please reserve your tickets by one of the methods below soon.
      There are a limited number of tickets and we expect the house to fill up!

      We look forward to sharing Mike Evin with you at Blue House Kensington!

      -- Padi, for The Chromatics

      Tickets are $15. Reserve by sending Email to alansmale@..., or by
      leaving a message at 410-451-0671, including full contact information.
      We will get back to you as soon as we can to confirm, and get tickets to
      locals (otherwise, we'll have them waiting at will-call.)
      The concert location is 4213 Howard Ave., Kensington MD.

      For more about Mike Evin, check him out at
      And us(!)