Audition for Euphonism!

  • Amanda C. Aldag
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2009
      Euphonism, a DC metro area based co-ed vocal band, is currently seeking a new fabulous female!

      We sing a variety of pop, R&B and rock covers as well as original music  - all a cappella. We perform an average of 1-2 times per month and rehearse twice weekly on Wednesdays and Sundays.  Altos and Sopranos are equally welcome - we are looking for someone who will be a positive addition to our group in vocal abilities and beyond. Those interested in auditioning should be able to demonstrate:

       * confident solo vocals
       * blending abilities for backup vocals
       * comfortable and natural stage presence
       * the ability to learn new music quickly (sightreading a plus!)
       * the dedication to regularly attend twice weekly rehearsals
       * the desire to perform regularly (we have monthly standing shows and one time events, both local and some travel)
       * a positive attitude about rehearsing, performing and being part of a talented, fun group :)

      Other perks we are keeping eye out for (not absolutely necessary, but would definitely be a plus!):
       * knowledge of music theory/arranging experience
       * HTML, graphic design or other creative abilities
       * ability to produce creative percussive sounds (with your mouth of course!)

      As a semi-professional group, Euphonism members are unpaid, however, opportunities for paid performances exist within our networks for those interested in professional opportunities.

      The first round of auditions will be be held the evening of Sunday, June 7 in Arlington (Courthouse neighborhood).
       If you are interested in scheduling an audition, please contact Amanda at amanda@... or mpanda19@... as soon as possible.

      To learn more about Euphonism, please visit us on the web at www.euphonism.com or on Facebook, MySpace, YouTube, CASA....