Presenting The Inaugural Harmony Invitational@The Birchmere, September 25, 2009

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009

      Dear Fans,

      Tired of waiting a full year to get your A Cappella fix?  Great news!  Starting this Fall, we will be bringing you even MORE great harmony!

      The JUDGES' favorites go to the National Finals.

      YOUR favorites will visit DC every fall at...

      THE DC INVITE
      The Mid-Atlantic Harmony Invitational
      Friday Night ~ September 25, 2009 ~ 8:00 p.m.
      The Birchmere ~ Alexandria, VA ~ www.birchmere.com

      FOUR great vocal bands.  FOUR cities.  FOUR audience favorites including three Mid-Atlantic Sweeps alumni!

      WASHINGTON, D.C.
      Cartoon Johnny ~ Two-Time Harmony Sweepstakes National Finalist and AUDIENCE FAVORITE ~ www.cartoonjohnny.com

      PITTSBURGH, PA
      DoubleShot! ~ 2007 Harmony Sweepstakes MA Champion and AUDIENCE FAVORITE ~ www.double-shot.net

      NEW YORK, NY
      Blue Jupiter ~ Two-Time Harmony Sweepstakes AUDIENCE FAVORITE ~ www.bluejupiter.com

      BOSTON, MA
      Ball in the House ~ 1999 Harmony Sweepstakes National Finalist and AUDIENCE FAVORITE ~ www.ballinthehouse.com

      These four groups come to you live for one night only at the Birchmere as part of a new one-night only all-vocal extravaganza!

      Brought to you by Ted Donat and Mike Yanchak of DoubleShot!

      For its inaugural year, we are pleased to offer ALL SEATS for this incredible show at the SAME PRICE as Sweeps - $29.50!

      TICKETS AVAILABLE ON SATURDAY, APRIL 4, 2009 AT THE MID-ATLANTIC HARMONY SWEEPSTAKES

      Sweeps fans know this will be a SELLOUT EVENT -- buy your tickets at Sweeps this Saturday and guarantee your seat now, or you'll be sitting at home wishing you had!

      Stay tuned to www.theDCinvite.com for more information as we rocket towards this great night of vocal music!

      Best regards,
      Ted Donat & Mike Yanchak

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 15, 2009
        Dear Mid-Atlantic A Cappella Fanatics,

        I hope your Summer is going well!

        I just wanted to remind you all to buy your tickets for the Harmony
        Invitational on September 25th. It's going to be a fantastic Fall night
        of high quality a cappella that you don't want to miss!

        For details, see below or visit http://www.theDCinvite.com

        Looking forward to seeing you!

        Best,
        Ted Donat

        --- In midatlantic-acappella@yahoogroups.com, "tdonat1" <tdonat@...>

        <http://www.cartoonjohnny.com>

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 27, 2009

          Howdy, folks!

          Hope your last few days of Summer vacation are treating you well!

          I'm writing to remind you to scoop up your ticket to The Harmony Invitational on Friday, September 25th at The Birchmere before it's too late!

          Just click here to buy tickets:  http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1500427FDC8A7CE9?artistid=1311526&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

          Don't miss this opportunity to see four past Sweeps champions (Ball in the House, Blue Jupiter, Cartoon Johnny and DoubleShot!) from four great cities on one stage for one night only!

          Yours truly will serve as emcee.

          As an added bonus, print out this message and bring it with you to get half off of a 2009 Mid-Atlantic Regional CD set!

          Here are the details:

          When:  Friday, September 25th at 7:30 p.m. (Doors open at 5:00 p.m.)

          Where:  The Birchmere, 3701 Mount Vernon Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22305
          (703) 549-7500   www.birchmere.com

          Tix:  Only $29.50 at http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1500427FDC8A7CE9?artistid=1311526&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

          Please see www.theDCinvite.com for the most up-to-date information

          Hope to see you there!

          ===================================

          HALF-PRICE COUPON

          ONE 2009 MID-ATLANTIC REGIONAL

          HARMONY SWEEPSTAKES CD SET

          THIS COUPON VALID ON

          FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 25TH ONLY

          ===================================

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 10, 2009

            Hey, Folks!

            Don't forget to pick up your tickets for the Harmony Invitational!

            Bring the below coupon to get the 2009 Mid-Atlantic Regional CD half-price!

            Just click here to buy tickets:  http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1500427FDC8A7CE9?artistid=1311526&majo\rcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

            Details are below.

            See you there!

            Best,

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 21, 2009

              Who says there's no such thing as harmony in Washington, DC?

              The Harmony Invitational is proud to present four award-winning contemporary a cappella groups from four cities, for an unprecedented night of non-stop harmony.  Performing groups are:
              * Cartoon Johnny (DC),   www.cartoonjohnny.com
              * DoubleShot! (Pittsburgh) www.double-shot.net
              * Blue Jupiter (New York)  www.bluejupiter.com, and
              * Ball in the House (Boston)  www.ballinthehouse.com.

              Tickets:  http://www.ticketmaster.com/Harmony-Invitational-tickets/artist/1311526

              As you know, each of these wonderful groups has received honors at the Harmony Sweepstakes!

              Ticket sales are red hot, so don't delay!

              Here are the details:
              Friday, September 25th at 7:30 p.m. (Doors open at 5:00 p.m.)
              The Birchmere
              3701 Mount Vernon Avenue
              Alexandria, VA 22305
              (703) 549-7500
              www.birchmere.com
              Tickets:  $29.50, available at The Birchmere Box Office or via TicketMaster at
              http://www.ticketmaster.com/Harmony-Invitational-tickets/artist/1311526

              For more information, go to www.theDCinvite.com or Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=120819754217.

              Don't wait till Spring to get your a cappella on!  Come join us...

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 24, 2009

                It's almost here!

                Don't miss out on this great night of a cappella!

                Get your tickets here:  http://www.ticketmaster.com/Harmony-Invitational-tickets/artist/1311526

                Details below.

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 27, 2009

                  Thanks to all of our great fans for coming down to The Birchmere on Friday for the inaugural Harmony Invitational - all 367 of you!!!  It was, as promised, a fantastic night of a cappella!

                  Cartoon Johnny, DoubleShot!, Ball in the House and Blue Jupiter put on a spectacular show that pulled the audience out of their seats and onto their feet!

                  Thanks to all of the people who supported this first-ever a cappella extravaganza, including:

                  • John Neal/Primarily A Cappella
                  • Carolyn Sexton / A Cappella Showcase
                  • Georgetown Day School
                  • Kismet
                  • Alexandria Harmonizers
                  • Vienna-Falls Chorus
                  • John Malcolm
                  • Potomac Harmony Chorus
                  • CASA
                  • Kieran Daly / Winking Fish
                  • The Chromatics
                  • AskMissA.com

                  Thanks also to my wonderful staff, Sara Rasmussen and Paul D'Andrea, to the staff of the Birchmere, including Michael Jaworek, Ben Finkelstein, Eddie, Dave, Bud and John, and especially to Mike Yanchak of DoubleShot!, my co-producer who had the vision to put this show together.

                  And, of course, to the Mid-Atlantic a cappella community - the greatest a cappella fans in the WORLD!

                  Looking forward to seeing everyone at The Harmony Sweepstakes on April 10, 2010.

                  And if you missed it this year, you can join us next Fall for the 2nd Annual Harmony Invitational (date TBD)!

                  All the best,