Snowday looking for new member

  • Amanda C. Aldag
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2009
      Snowday, a professional a cappella quintet performing throughout the DC area, is looking to add a new member. We'll be holding auditions until we find the right fit, so we encourage interested vocalists to contact us as soon as possible to schedule an audition.

      Some of what we are looking for includes:

      - Strong vocalist of any voice part, although altos and basses are especially encouraged to audition.  As this is a small professional ensemble, members are expected to be able to hold their own, learn quickly and sing confidently on both solo and back up vocals.
      - A professional and high energy stage presence, appropriate for audiences of all ages.
      - A flexible schedule for both rehearsals and performances - many of our performances are midday during the week; rehearsals are usually late night or weekends.
      - Someone who is interested in being a serious performer and open to travel.
      - Previous experience singing a cappella preferred, but not required.  Other musical talents, such as arranging, songwriting, vocal percussion, etc are especially welcome.
      - Must love kids...they are our biggest fan base.

      Snowday was founded in early 2008 and currently performs as part of the Class Acts Arts roster for schools and other venues in DC, MD, VA and beyond.  Our repertoire varies to include pop, rock, country, jazz, but we sing to our audiences - nothing is off limits.  This is a paid position, however, it does not currently furnish a full time salary.    To learn more about Snowday, please visit our website - www.iwantasnowday.com

      Those interested should contact Amanda at amanda@... to request an audition.

      We look forward to meeting with new talent!

      Snowday