Harmony Sweepstakes, OH NINE!!!!

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2008

      Dear Mid-Atlantic A Cappella Friends,

      "It's the most wonderful time of the year!"

      Yes, indeed!  Time once again to start casting your mind forward to April!  Spring is in the air, Cherry Blossoms on the bloom, taxes due AND…the Harmony Sweepstakes Mid-Atlantic Regional!!!

      We are just tickled pink that last year's Regional and National champs vocaldente will be returning to host this year!  Our Germanic freunds will be in town from March 12th through April 6th, and they would love to share the love and maximize their earning potential while they are in town to offset their travel expenses.  So, if you have any ideas for gigs/jambos, or you want that continental flair for your next retirement party, wedding, Bar Mitzvah or Wake, please let me know, and I will pass it along to the boys!

      Here are the particulars for this year's show:

      • Date: Saturday, April 4, 2008
      • Time: 7:30 p.m. (doors open at 5)
      • Location:
        • The Birchmere Music Hall (Eighth straight year!)
        • 3701 Mt. Vernon Avenue
        • Alexandria, VA 22305
        • www.birchmere.com
      • Ticket Price: $29.50 (We went three straight years without a price increase, but unfortunately the economy finally caught up with us, so we had to do a little adjustment.)
      • How to purchase tickets: Go to the Birchmere box office any evening there is a show or go to http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/1158568/?search_redirect=Harmony%20Sweepstakes.

      Below is information on how to enter:

      • Entry Deadline: January 31, 2009
      • Rules: You must be a group of between 3 and 8 members to be eligible. You do not need to be from the Mid-Atlantic area! Please go to http://www.harmony-sweepstakes.com/rules.html for a comprehensive list of rules.

      To enter:

      1.     Go to http://www.harmony-sweepstakes.com/enter.html and follow the instructions.

      1. Send a music sample and two 8x10 photos to me. I use one photo for the "marquis" out front, so you should send something you would be proud to have displayed! The other one I keep for my files. If you have digital media (mp3's, jpegs, etc.), please e-mail them to tdonat AT gmail.com.  If you have standard media, shoot me an email and I'll send you my snail mail address.

      We look forward to another fantastic show!

      Producer/Regional Director
      Harmony Sweepstakes Mid-Atlantic Regional

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 4, 2008
        Whoops!

        I obviously meant Saturday, April 4, 2009, so keep the DeLorean in
        the garage!

        Best,
        TD

        --- In midatlantic-acappella@yahoogroups.com, "tdonat1" <tdonat@...>

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 26, 2009

          Dear A Cappella Fans,

          We are extending the deadline for entry in the Mid-Atlantic Regional to Friday, February 6th, so get you entries in!

          See below for details!

          And don't forget, if you have an event you would like to invite vocaldente to perform at, please let me know!

          Best,
          Ted Donat