tenor/baritone/vp auditions

  • The Humbuckers
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 2001
      Hi everyone,

      Sorry to resend this email even though it's been a month.
      Please forward to anyone who might be interested!

      Thanks.

      The Humbuckers vocal band is auditioning for tenors, baritones and a
      vocal percussionist. Read on or check out www.Humbuckers.com for more
      info.

      About the BandÂ…

      The Humbuckers is a semi-pro, all-male group with steady paid gigs, a
      well-reviewed debut album, and a growing fan base. Aside from
      DaVinci's Notebook, no other a cappella group in the
      Baltimore-Washington area performs as often as we do. Our sound is
      focused on an alternative rock style performing songs from artists
      like Blink 182 and Matthew Sweet as well as our own originals which
      fit that style (check out our tunes here). We've performed at the
      Harmony Sweepstakes and some of the area's biggest festivals, received
      good local press, and have done commercial recording work as well. The
      group also owns a complete pro audio system for live shows and a home
      recording studio.

      In the future for The Humbuckers? More gigging at bigger and better
      venues for bigger audiences! An even rockier vocal band sound! Another
      CD? Quitting our day jobs?

      Help us figure it out... be a part of DC's rockin'-est vocal band with
      a cool future.

      About youÂ…

      Previous a cappella experience, arranging/song-writing skills,
      instrumental vocal sounds, and stage presence are pluses. Commitment
      and enthusiasm are essential, as this takes a substantial amount of
      effort and time outside our day jobs.

      Singers - We are seeking a tenor or a baritone with a strong high
      range. We need versatile performers who can rock out on solos, but
      still blend in the background. You don't have to be able to sight-read
      on the spot, but you need to be able to learn and memorizing music
      quickly.

      Vocal Percussionists - We are seeking someone with a good sense of
      rhythm and strong VP sounds to serve as our percussionist. We want
      someone who can anchor the group's rhythm and add texture and drive to
      the music.

      If you like your day job, but really love a cappella, this is the
      group for you. Contact Eric at TheHumbuckers@... or call
      202-669-5686 for more information. Also see www.Humbuckers.com.
      We will consider paying travel expenses under special circumstances.

      The Humbuckers

      www.Humbuckers.com
      TheHumbuckers@...