Coming to a Stage Near You June 26th.... The Metropolitones!

  • tones_pr
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2008
      Please join us for an evening of luscious music, strong spirits
      and endless revelry!

      The Metropolitones
      Performing with guest group, Highline, at
      *The Slipper Room*
      Thursday, June 26th
      167 Orchard Street (betw. Stanton/Rivington)
      New York, NY
      8:15 Doors Open. 8:30 Concert
      $5 Cover, Cash Bar

      We look forward to seeing you at The Slipper Room (with 45 of your
      closest friends)!
      If you have questions about the groups or event, please contact
      pr@...

      About the HOSTS:
      Founded in 2001, The Metropolitones are New York City's premier Seven
      Sisters vocal band. We perform an eclectic collection of tunes both
      old and new - waxing sultry and sentimental one moment, breaking out
      the bass and beat the next.

      Singing at alumnae functions, corporate events, private concerts,
      children's hospitals and the such NY staples as the Bronx Zoo and The
      Bitter End, the "Tones" have a knack for livening up a room. For as
      diverse in our interests and occupations as a group of Seven Sisters-
      bred babes can be, we all have one thing in common: we love to make
      music, especially with one another. And it shows.
      www.metropolitones.com

      About our GUESTS:
      Highline is a male a cappella quartet specializing in the rich
      harmonic traditions of barbershop, jazz, and collegiate a cappella.

      Highline's members have performed with several noted a cappella
      groups including the Harvard Krokodiloes, Princeton Tigertones,
      Heritage Station (1993 BHS Collegiate Quartet Champions); and
      Ambassadors of Harmony ( BHS International Champion Chorus). A common
      love for four-part harmony brought them together and they have been
      singing and performing together ever since.

      Highline is Phil Wilcox (Bass), Brian Lindvall (Baritone), Doug
      Goodenough (Lead), and Jordan Cooper (Tenor). www.highlinequartet.com