Small A Cappella Singing Group Looking for Bass

  • dcnomarfan
    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2008
      Not What You Think (NWYT), a twelve-member a cappella vocal ensemble
      has an opening for a bass. The ensemble rehearses roughly twice a
      month on Wednesday evenings from 7:30 to 10:00pm.

      Our repertoire includes, but is not limited to pop, light jazz, and
      folk. The group has opened for the Fabulous Flirtations 5 times and
      was featured in the Foyer Series at The Kennedy Center before the
      opening of Angels in America. During its roughly sixteen year
      existence the ensemble has performed frequently in the Washington,
      D.C. area, including appearances at the DC Arts Center, the Rockville
      and Fairfax Unitarian Churches, the Convention of the Federation of
      Families for Children's Mental Health, the Academy Awards of
      Washington, and various festivals of the Gay and Lesbian Association
      of Choruses (GALA), among many others.

      We operate as a consensus group, even musically! We have no music
      director - rather, we select and work out our music together, relying
      on the expertise and strengths of our members to bring each piece to
      performance level. At the core of our ensemble is a shared belief
      that, as gay men and lesbians singing together, we have an opportunity
      and responsibility to effect change and to open hearts and minds. We
      choose music that may move our audiences to tears or laughter or
      inquiry or discovery, while offering an honest representation of
      ourselves.

      For more information, please visit our website: http://www.nwyt.org