Re:A Cappella Madness - This Saturday - 5/10

  • RedHeadedWoman
    Message 1 of 4 , May 13, 2008
      ARRRGGGH!!

      Can someone tell me what is wrong with the message posting system for this group?  Why is it that we always seem to get postings of events AFTER the event date has passed?

      This event was scheduled for May 10.  The message was received by me on May 13.  And According to the "posting date" on the message, it wasn't even posted to the group until May 12.  I find it hard to believe that the original poster would have failed to send her message in until the event was over (or cancelled, given the weather), so the problem must be in the system somewhere!

      (And this is far from the only time I have experienced this.)

      So -- my requests/suggestions are:
      #1: If whoever is in charge of facilitating postings is reading this, PLEASE see what can be done to get posted messages out to the group more quickly!
      #2: Anyone who has an event to publicize, post your message earlier in advance of the event date, so that the rest of us have some chance of receiving the message in time to take advantage of it!
      #3: If indeed this event was postponed due to our weekend "Spring shower", please post the rescheduled date and time ASAP (see # 2).

      Many thanks...
      Just sign me "Frustrated"

    • Amanda C. Aldag
      Message 2 of 4 , May 14, 2008

        The event was postponed because of the rainy conditions and the new date has not been set yet. Because of the lag in posting time I did not send a cancellation announcement.   As soon as I hear from the organizers when the date is, I'll repost - it should be in late summer or early fall.  Pleae stay tuned....

        Glad to hear there was so much interest in this event!

        Amanda

        #1: If whoever is in charge of facilitating postings is reading this, PLEASE see what can be done to get posted messages out to the group more quickly!
        #2: Anyone who has an event to publicize, post your message earlier in advance of the event date, so that the rest of us have some chance of receiving the message in time to take advantage of it!
        #3: If indeed this event was postponed due to our weekend "Spring shower", please post the rescheduled date and time ASAP (see # 2).

        Many thanks...
        Just sign me "Frustrated"

      • Jason Gottshall

          #1: If whoever is in charge of facilitating postings is reading this, PLEASE see what can be done to get posted messages out to the group more quickly!
          #2: Anyone who has an event to publicize, post your message earlier in advance of the event date, so that the rest of us have some chance of receiving the message in time to take advantage of it!
          #3: If indeed this event was postponed due to our weekend "Spring shower", please post the rescheduled date and time ASAP (see # 2).

          Many thanks...
          Just sign me "Frustrated"