The Chromatics at National Air and Space Museum 4/19 11:00 AM

  • astropadi
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7 8:27 AM
      We'll sing about the Universe while you tour the Air and Space museum!

      Examine methods used to study the night sky throughout the ages, and
      learn about the early Native American astronomy as well as the latest
      astronomical research. Family Day: Explore the Universe starts at
      10AM Saturday April 19, 2008 at the National Air and Space Museum
      at 6th and Independence Ave. SW, Washington DC. We start singing
      at 11AM.

      This program is produced in partnership with the National Museum of
      the American Indian.

      The Chromies have made a tradition of participating in Family Day.
      It is always a thrill for us to sing our AstroCappella songs at
      the base of the Hubble Space Telescope!

      The Chromatics' AstroCappella project is a marriage of music
      and astronomy---over a dozen original "astronomically
      correct" a cappella songs that describe the wonders of
      modern astronomy to students and the general public. The
      songs are targeted right at those people who are enthusiastic
      and curious about space and science, and want to know more. Plus,
      it's a great excuse to visit Washington DC in early Spring!

      In addition to the Chromatics science concerts, many other
      hands-on activities and unique projects and demonstrations will
      be presented by community groups.