Men's a cappella group in DC looking for first tenors & leads

  • ddsmith99
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 8, 2008
      We're a five man a cappella group looking for a first tenor to make our
      melodies a little lighter and our falsettos a little less obvious. We'd
      also love to hear any leads/baritones with a strong upper range and
      experience singing in small group harmony.

      About us: we began as a six man group in law school (ah yes, lawyers!)
      and now, two years later, have regrouped in the D.C. area. We sing
      everything from Loch Lomond to La Bamba, from rock to barbershop.
      Commitment is moderate, with once-a-week rehearsals and a light
      performance schedule.

      We'll be holding auditions from 8 to 10pm on MONDAY, FEBRUARY 11. If
      you are interested, please contact Alvaro at alvaro.m.bedoya gmail.com
      ASAP.
    • John Hosie
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 9, 2008
        I lead a group called AM/FM in Gaithersburg. We do barbershop gospel, hymns, and . We are up to about a dozen guys now. We perform about once a month at a nursing home or hospital in the DC area. I want to get to the point where we can have a quartet go someplace in the DC area every weekend.

        We sang the Star Spangled Banner at the Pentagon memorial services on September 11, 2007, where we shared the stage with the Newsboys. We sang at Central Union Mission in DC in November. In December we sang at two nursing homes in Frederick, the candlelight Christmas services at Washington Center for Aging and the Memorial Chapel at Walter Reed Army Medical Center, and performed Christmas carols at the chapel built at the point of impact at the Pentagon.

        We meet Tuesday nights up here in Gaithersburg. We'd love to offer you and your group to come up for a rehearsal some time to see if it might interest you.

        Sincerely,
        John W. Hosie III
        (301) 509 1089

        > 1. Men's a cappella group in DC looking for first tenors & leads
        > Posted by: "ddsmith99" derek.dd.smith@... ddsmith99
        > Date: Fri Feb 8, 2008 12:56 pm ((PST))
        >
        > We're a five man a cappella group looking for a first tenor to make our
        > melodies a little lighter and our falsettos a little less obvious. We'd
        > also love to hear any leads/baritones with a strong upper range and
        > experience singing in small group harmony.
        >
        > About us: we began as a six man group in law school (ah yes, lawyers!)
        > and now, two years later, have regrouped in the D.C. area. We sing
        > everything from Loch Lomond to La Bamba, from rock to barbershop.
        > Commitment is moderate, with once-a-week rehearsals and a light
        > performance schedule.
        >
        > We'll be holding auditions from 8 to 10pm on MONDAY, FEBRUARY 11. If
        > you are interested, please contact Alvaro at alvaro.m.bedoya gmail.com
        > ASAP.

        Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your HotmailĀ®-get your "fix". Check it out.