First Soprano Auditions for BlueLine, a cappella jazz sextet

  • Katherine Reynolds Lewis
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2008
      If you’re a first soprano and you love ensemble singing, BlueLine wants to hear you!

      Formed in fall 1999, BlueLine is an award-winning a cappella sextet that performs close harmony arrangements of jazz standards, pop tunes and gospel songs. We pride ourselves on being a fun and energetic group that brings a high level of musicianship and entertainment to audiences throughout the greater Washington DC area. We rehearse weekly in Bethesda, Md., and gig monthly.

      We’re looking for a talented high soprano who can shine on solos, blend in harmony parts, and learn music quickly. BlueLine is a semi-professional group, so the position is unpaid. Sight-reading, conducting and arranging skills are especially welcome.

      Anyone interested in auditioning should contact Ashley at 301-565-0348 or Ashley@.... See http://www.bluelinedc.com/ for more about us.

      Some of our accomplishments include:
      * Participating in the Mid-Atlantic Harmony Sweepstakes in 2000, 2001 and 2003, and winning best original arrangement in 2001;
      * Performing in the Sing Out for Shelter benefit (organized by the Augmented Eight) in 2002 and 2004; and other joint concerts with groups such as Take Note!, Drastic Measures, the Humbuckers, and the Tone Rangers;
      * Providing music for the Washington Cancer Institute's Service of Remembrance every year since 2000;
      * Participating in music series at Coolfont Resort, Jammin' Java, California Tortilla, and Barnes and Noble;
      * Entertaining and educating high school students at Wilson High School and Chantilly High School ;
      * Brightening the Bar and Bat Mitzvahs, weddings, anniversaries, and other special events of many families;
      * Celebrating jazz standards of the 1920's and 1930's with nursing home residents;

      Make distant family not so distant with Windows Vista® + Windows Live™. Start now!