Vocal percussionist seeking...

  • Kevin Barrett
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2007
      I am a beginning, but talented, vocal percussionist in the Frederick, MD area, seeking a friendly environment... be that a jam session, a group of people who get together & share ideas & techniques, whatever.  I am very new to the a cappella scene, and would love to build connections and learn more about what's going on, and build my VP skills.  I would not rule out joining a group.

      I have been at VP about 8-10 months now, but I have been playing music semi-professionally for the last 5 years.  I have a good foundation in theory, rhythm, and different musical styles, and have dabbled in composing/arranging.  I sing baritone, and also do many different sound effects, voices, you name it.

      Click Here for a few samples.   After you have listened to those, click the "music" tab at the top for some instrumental compositions.

      I am also looking for collaborators (arrangers and voices) on a potential vocal band project -- email for details.

      Hope to hear from you soon!

        - Kevin