Re: WANTED: Male Voices in the Baltimore, MD, Area for A Cappella Ensemble

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 9, 2007
      Here's the Herb Dimmock Singers current repertoire which I promised in
      the last post...

      Contemporary

      * Agnus Dei (Octavo transcription from the "Adagio for Strings") –
      Samuel Barber (1939)
      * Alleluia Super-Round - William Albright
      * All Night Vigil, Nos. 1, 2 - Sergei Rachmaninoff
      * Amen – Henryk Mikolaj Gorecki
      * Angels - John Tavener
      * As Truly as God is Our Father – William Mathias
      * Ave Maria - Javier Busto
      * Ave Maris Stella – Javier Busto
      * The Beatitudes - Arvo Pärt
      * Benedicamus (IV from Gloria Patri) - Urmas Sisask
      * Benedictus - Michael Droettboom
      * Cherubic Hymn #2 and #4 (Kherveemskaya Pyesn)
      * Cloudburst - Eric Whitacre
      * Dusk to Dawn - Vijay Singh
      * The Earth Adorned – Waldemar Åhlén
      * Evening Bells (Vecherniy Zvon) - A. Sveshnikov
      * Holocaust Cantata: Songs from the Camps - Donald McCullough
      * Hope, Faith, Life, Love - Eric Whitacre
      * Jesus Christ the Apple Tree - Elizabeth Poston
      * Kom! (Afroinspired Swedish Marching Tune) - Monica Åslund
      * Lux Aeterna - Edwin Fissinger
      * Magnificat – Arvo Pärt
      * Magnificent Horses - Yang Hong Nien/Jing Ling-Tam
      * Missa Piccola - Sandra Milliken
      * O Magnum Mysterium – César Alejandro Carrillo
      * O Magnum Mysterium – Morten Lauridsen
      * O Magnum Mysterium - Francis Poulenc
      * O Nata Lux – Morten Lauridsen
      * Only the Moon Has Secrets - David Hamilton
      * Our Father - Alexander Gretchaninov
      * Pater Noster - Dan Locklair
      * Pilgrims' Hymn - Stephen Paulus
      * Podmoskovskiye Vyechera (Moscow Nights)
      * Set Me as a Seal - René Clausen
      * Short People - Randy Newman / Arr: Simon Carrington
      * Silence My Soul - Rabindranath Tagore/Francisco Feliciano
      * Sing Me to Heaven - Daniel E. Gawthrop
      * Stay With Us - Egil Hovland
      * Totus Tuus - Henryk Mikołaj Górecki
      * Village Wedding - John Tavener
      * Water Night - Eric Whitacre / Octavio Paz
      * The Woman with the Alabaster Box – Arvo Pärt
      * You are the New Day - John David

      Holiday Music

      * Christmas is Coming
      * Cradle-Song of the Sheperds - Schubart / K.K. Davis
      * Coventry Carol - Original Tune of 1591
      * En natus est Emanuel - Michael Praetorius
      * Es Ist Ein' Ros' - Michael Praetorius
      * Gaudete - Arr: Brian Kay & David Overton
      * Glory, Glory, Glory to the Newborn King - Moses Hogan
      * Glory to the Newborn King - Robert L. Moriss, arr.
      * Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Hugh Martin/Ralph Blane
      * Hodie Christus Natus Est - Jan Pieters Sweelinck
      * Hodie Christus Natus Est - Kola Owolabi
      * Hush You, My Baby - Dudley-Smith/Llewellyn
      * Jesus, Jesus, Rest Your Head - Paul Halley
      * Johnny Bring The Pine Tree In - Harold Abbey
      * La Virgen Lava Pañales - Alice Parker/Robert Shaw
      * Ríu, Ríu, Chíu - Anonymous/Ed. Noah Greenberg
      * Slumber Song of the Infant Jesus - F.A. Gevaert
      * Steal away / Poor little Jesus
      * Still, Still, Still - Marilyn Keith / Alan Bergman / Arr: Norman
      Luboff
      * Stille Nacht
      * The Three Kings - Laurence Housman / Healey Willan
      * The Twelve Days of Christmas - Frederic Austin / Arr: Ian Humphris
      * Throw the Yule Log On, Uncle John - P.D.Q. Bach/Schickele
      * Tribus miraculis ornatum diem - Jacob Handl (Gallus)

      Love, Lighter Fare and Folk Songs

      * Auringon noustessa (I soluppgången) (Swedish) - Text: VA
      Koskenniemi/Music: Toivo Kuula
      * Black is the Color – Norman Luboff
      * Bless This House - Music: May Brahe/Text: Helen Taylor/Arr:
      Frank Granofsky
      * Blue Moon - Rodgers / Hart / David Blackwell, arr.
      * Buffalo Gals - Alice Parker, arr.
      * Dawn (Australian Bush Song) - Iain Grandage
      * The Frozen Logger - James Stevens / Arr:Robert De Cormier
      * How Can I Keep from Singing? (American Folk Song) - Arr. T.
      Herbert Dimmock
      * I Got Rhythm – George Gershwin
      * Jeanie with the Light Brown Hair – Alice Parker/Robert Shaw
      * Johnny Has Gone for a Soldier – Robert DeCormier
      * Kiigelaul II (Estonian Folk Tune) - Arr: Veljo Tormis
      * Marianne (North Country Folk Song) - Arr. Philip Wilby
      * May the Road Rise to Meet You - David Hamilton
      * Minoi, Minoi – C.J. Marshall
      * Music Divine - Thomas Tomkins
      * Red River Valley – Carol Barnett
      * Rise Up, My Love, My Fair One - Healey Willan
      * Rosa Amarela - Hecto Villa Lobos
      * Shenandoah – American Folksong, Arr. James Erb
      * Soldier, Soldier, Won't You Marry Me? - Robert DeCormier
      * Som Stjärnorna På Himmelen - W. Peterson-Berger
      * Suo Gân (Soothing Song) - Welsh Lullaby/Arr. Lance Wiliford
      * Sweet Nightingale – Goff Richards
      * Tea for Two – Irving Caesar/Vincent Youmans/Arr. Peter Gritton
      * What Shall We do with a Drunken Sailor - Parker / Shaw
      * When I'm Sixty-Four - Lennon / McCartney / Arr: Paul Hart

      Classical Works

      * Absalom – Thomas Tomkins
      * Denn er hat seinen Engeln befohlen – Felix Mendelssohn
      * Dixit Maria ad Angelum – Hans Leo Hassler
      * Du bist wie eine Blume - Anton Bruckner
      * Fuit homo missus a Deo - Palestrina
      * Gott, wie dein Name, so ist auch dein Ruhm - J.S. Bach
      * Heilig (Sanctus) - Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy
      * In the Beginning - Aaron Copland
      * Morgengebet - Mendelssohn
      * O Esca Viatorum – Heinrich Isaac
      * O Magnum Mysterium – Tomas Luis De Victoria
      * Pater Noster / Our Father - Jacob Handl

      Spirituals and Religious Folk Songs

      * Crossin' Ovah – Albert McNeil
      * Elijah Rock – Moses Hogan
      * Hark, I Hear the Harps Eternal - Alice Parker
      * I Want Jesus to Walk with Me – Moses Hogan
      * Jacob's Ladder - David Morrow
      * Jesus Christ the Apple Tree - Elizabeth Poston
      * Jesus Lay Your Head in the Window - Moses Hogan
      * Lord, I want to Be a Christian – Moses Hogan
      * My Lord, What a Morning – Harry T. Burleigh
      * Nobody Knows the Trouble I See – Ray Charles
      * Of Hospitality (From an old Gaelic rune) - Jane Marshall
      * The Old Church - Stephen Paulus
      * Ring Out Ye Crystal Spheres - John Milton / William Crotch
      * Swing Low, Sweet Chariot – Peter Knight
      * Wayfarin' Stranger – Gilbert Martin

      Patriotic

      * America, The Beautiful - Words:Bates/Music:Ward/Arr. Ringwald
      * National Anthem / The Star Spangled Banner
      * O Canada - Calixa Lavallee

      --- In midatlantic-acappella@yahoogroups.com, "Jim"