WANTED: Male Voices in the Baltimore, MD, Area for A Cappella Ensemble

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 9, 2007
      The Herb Dimmock Singers are looking for male voices with strong reading skills in the Baltimore, Maryland, metro area. We are a unique ensemble of a cappella singers that was formally established in 2003. Our founders joined from other Baltimore choral institutions, who had a dedicated interest in forming an excellent a cappella choir of just 20 to 30 singers. The group regularly performs throughout the Baltimore-Washington region offering Fall and Spring programs that include music of many genres and traditions. The repertoire is constantly expanding, and program input is encouraged from its members. Our current repertoire is attached to this post in text format.

      If you are interested in auditioning, please contact Herb Dimmock at (717)533-6873 or thdimmock@.... You may also reach him through our website at http://www.herbdimmocksingers.org.
    • Jim
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 9, 2007
        Here's the Herb Dimmock Singers current repertoire which I promised in
        the last post...

        Contemporary

        * Agnus Dei (Octavo transcription from the "Adagio for Strings") –
        Samuel Barber (1939)
        * Alleluia Super-Round - William Albright
        * All Night Vigil, Nos. 1, 2 - Sergei Rachmaninoff
        * Amen – Henryk Mikolaj Gorecki
        * Angels - John Tavener
        * As Truly as God is Our Father – William Mathias
        * Ave Maria - Javier Busto
        * Ave Maris Stella – Javier Busto
        * The Beatitudes - Arvo Pärt
        * Benedicamus (IV from Gloria Patri) - Urmas Sisask
        * Benedictus - Michael Droettboom
        * Cherubic Hymn #2 and #4 (Kherveemskaya Pyesn)
        * Cloudburst - Eric Whitacre
        * Dusk to Dawn - Vijay Singh
        * The Earth Adorned – Waldemar Åhlén
        * Evening Bells (Vecherniy Zvon) - A. Sveshnikov
        * Holocaust Cantata: Songs from the Camps - Donald McCullough
        * Hope, Faith, Life, Love - Eric Whitacre
        * Jesus Christ the Apple Tree - Elizabeth Poston
        * Kom! (Afroinspired Swedish Marching Tune) - Monica Åslund
        * Lux Aeterna - Edwin Fissinger
        * Magnificat – Arvo Pärt
        * Magnificent Horses - Yang Hong Nien/Jing Ling-Tam
        * Missa Piccola - Sandra Milliken
        * O Magnum Mysterium – César Alejandro Carrillo
        * O Magnum Mysterium – Morten Lauridsen
        * O Magnum Mysterium - Francis Poulenc
        * O Nata Lux – Morten Lauridsen
        * Only the Moon Has Secrets - David Hamilton
        * Our Father - Alexander Gretchaninov
        * Pater Noster - Dan Locklair
        * Pilgrims' Hymn - Stephen Paulus
        * Podmoskovskiye Vyechera (Moscow Nights)
        * Set Me as a Seal - René Clausen
        * Short People - Randy Newman / Arr: Simon Carrington
        * Silence My Soul - Rabindranath Tagore/Francisco Feliciano
        * Sing Me to Heaven - Daniel E. Gawthrop
        * Stay With Us - Egil Hovland
        * Totus Tuus - Henryk Mikołaj Górecki
        * Village Wedding - John Tavener
        * Water Night - Eric Whitacre / Octavio Paz
        * The Woman with the Alabaster Box – Arvo Pärt
        * You are the New Day - John David

        Holiday Music

        * Christmas is Coming
        * Cradle-Song of the Sheperds - Schubart / K.K. Davis
        * Coventry Carol - Original Tune of 1591
        * En natus est Emanuel - Michael Praetorius
        * Es Ist Ein' Ros' - Michael Praetorius
        * Gaudete - Arr: Brian Kay & David Overton
        * Glory, Glory, Glory to the Newborn King - Moses Hogan
        * Glory to the Newborn King - Robert L. Moriss, arr.
        * Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Hugh Martin/Ralph Blane
        * Hodie Christus Natus Est - Jan Pieters Sweelinck
        * Hodie Christus Natus Est - Kola Owolabi
        * Hush You, My Baby - Dudley-Smith/Llewellyn
        * Jesus, Jesus, Rest Your Head - Paul Halley
        * Johnny Bring The Pine Tree In - Harold Abbey
        * La Virgen Lava Pañales - Alice Parker/Robert Shaw
        * Ríu, Ríu, Chíu - Anonymous/Ed. Noah Greenberg
        * Slumber Song of the Infant Jesus - F.A. Gevaert
        * Steal away / Poor little Jesus
        * Still, Still, Still - Marilyn Keith / Alan Bergman / Arr: Norman
        Luboff
        * Stille Nacht
        * The Three Kings - Laurence Housman / Healey Willan
        * The Twelve Days of Christmas - Frederic Austin / Arr: Ian Humphris
        * Throw the Yule Log On, Uncle John - P.D.Q. Bach/Schickele
        * Tribus miraculis ornatum diem - Jacob Handl (Gallus)

        Love, Lighter Fare and Folk Songs

        * Auringon noustessa (I soluppgången) (Swedish) - Text: VA
        Koskenniemi/Music: Toivo Kuula
        * Black is the Color – Norman Luboff
        * Bless This House - Music: May Brahe/Text: Helen Taylor/Arr:
        Frank Granofsky
        * Blue Moon - Rodgers / Hart / David Blackwell, arr.
        * Buffalo Gals - Alice Parker, arr.
        * Dawn (Australian Bush Song) - Iain Grandage
        * The Frozen Logger - James Stevens / Arr:Robert De Cormier
        * How Can I Keep from Singing? (American Folk Song) - Arr. T.
        Herbert Dimmock
        * I Got Rhythm – George Gershwin
        * Jeanie with the Light Brown Hair – Alice Parker/Robert Shaw
        * Johnny Has Gone for a Soldier – Robert DeCormier
        * Kiigelaul II (Estonian Folk Tune) - Arr: Veljo Tormis
        * Marianne (North Country Folk Song) - Arr. Philip Wilby
        * May the Road Rise to Meet You - David Hamilton
        * Minoi, Minoi – C.J. Marshall
        * Music Divine - Thomas Tomkins
        * Red River Valley – Carol Barnett
        * Rise Up, My Love, My Fair One - Healey Willan
        * Rosa Amarela - Hecto Villa Lobos
        * Shenandoah – American Folksong, Arr. James Erb
        * Soldier, Soldier, Won't You Marry Me? - Robert DeCormier
        * Som Stjärnorna På Himmelen - W. Peterson-Berger
        * Suo Gân (Soothing Song) - Welsh Lullaby/Arr. Lance Wiliford
        * Sweet Nightingale – Goff Richards
        * Tea for Two – Irving Caesar/Vincent Youmans/Arr. Peter Gritton
        * What Shall We do with a Drunken Sailor - Parker / Shaw
        * When I'm Sixty-Four - Lennon / McCartney / Arr: Paul Hart

        Classical Works

        * Absalom – Thomas Tomkins
        * Denn er hat seinen Engeln befohlen – Felix Mendelssohn
        * Dixit Maria ad Angelum – Hans Leo Hassler
        * Du bist wie eine Blume - Anton Bruckner
        * Fuit homo missus a Deo - Palestrina
        * Gott, wie dein Name, so ist auch dein Ruhm - J.S. Bach
        * Heilig (Sanctus) - Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy
        * In the Beginning - Aaron Copland
        * Morgengebet - Mendelssohn
        * O Esca Viatorum – Heinrich Isaac
        * O Magnum Mysterium – Tomas Luis De Victoria
        * Pater Noster / Our Father - Jacob Handl

        Spirituals and Religious Folk Songs

        * Crossin' Ovah – Albert McNeil
        * Elijah Rock – Moses Hogan
        * Hark, I Hear the Harps Eternal - Alice Parker
        * I Want Jesus to Walk with Me – Moses Hogan
        * Jacob's Ladder - David Morrow
        * Jesus Christ the Apple Tree - Elizabeth Poston
        * Jesus Lay Your Head in the Window - Moses Hogan
        * Lord, I want to Be a Christian – Moses Hogan
        * My Lord, What a Morning – Harry T. Burleigh
        * Nobody Knows the Trouble I See – Ray Charles
        * Of Hospitality (From an old Gaelic rune) - Jane Marshall
        * The Old Church - Stephen Paulus
        * Ring Out Ye Crystal Spheres - John Milton / William Crotch
        * Swing Low, Sweet Chariot – Peter Knight
        * Wayfarin' Stranger – Gilbert Martin

        Patriotic

        * America, The Beautiful - Words:Bates/Music:Ward/Arr. Ringwald
        * National Anthem / The Star Spangled Banner
        * O Canada - Calixa Lavallee

        --- In midatlantic-acappella@yahoogroups.com, "Jim"