Calling all DC Altos!

  • Amanda Cornaglia
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2007
      Euphonism, a 7-member coed vocal band based in the Washington, DC metro area, will soon be holding auditions for a new alto. We sing a variety of pop, R&B and rock covers and have recently started adding original music to our repetoire - all a cappella. Euphonism expects to continue performing regular gigs in the DC area this fall and we also plan to start recording our first album in a few months' time. Coming off of our 2nd runner up finish last year, we anticipate competing in the Harmony Sweepstakes again this Spring.

      Those interested in auditioning should be able to demonstrate:

      * a strong solo voice that can also blend seamlessly into backup vocals
      * the ability to learn new music quickly (sightreading a plus!)
      * the dedication to attend twice weekly rehearsals
      * the desire to perform regularly
      * a positive attitude about rehearsing, performing and being part of a talented, fun group :)

      Other perks that aren't necessary, but would earn you brownie points:
      * knowledge of music theory/arranging experience
      * vocal percussion skills
      * HTML, graphic design or other creative abilities

      If you are interested in scheduling auditions, please contact Amanda at amanda@... or mpanda19@... no later than August 10.

      To learn more about Euphonism, please visit us on the web at www.euphonism.com or on MySpace at www.myspace.com/euphonism.