Calling all high tenors!!! Want to be a Cheese Lord?

  • uberkasegraf
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2007
      The Suspicious Cheese Lords, (SCL) a male acappella early music
      ensemble is currently holding auditions for singers. All voice parts
      are open (Countertenor/sopranist,Tenor, Baritone, Bass) but we are
      especially searching for high tenors. Excellent vocals and sight-
      reading skills are required, as is the ability to blend smoothly in
      ensemble.

      We will be recording our third CD late this summer, and will be going
      for 2 short weekend tours in the fall of 2007 and the spring of 2008.

      If I say so myself, singing with this group has been one of the most
      profound artistic and spiritual experiences of my life. I cannot
      describe the joy we all feel to sing these ancient masterpieces in
      concert and in liturgy that have remained unsung for centuries, and
      to be the first to do it!

      SCL records music that no one else has recorded before, so on every
      Cheese Lord CD one will see the title "World Premiere Recording."

      SCL is located in Washington, DC, and SCL is an all-volunteer
      ensemble. (But there are some awesome perks guys, such as: a free
      home-cooked gourmet dinner at every rehearsal, accompanied by some
      great wines!) We hold rehearsals every Wednesday evening. Dinner is
      served at 7:30 PM, with rehearsal beginning at 8:30 PM, and lasting
      until 10:30 PM.

      To schedule an audition, or for further inquiries please email us at
      auditions@... , with the words "SCL AUDITIONS", and your
      voice part in the subject header. Or you can call us at 1-877-278-
      5973, leave a voice message and a Cheese Lord will return your call
      as soon as possible. Look forward to hearing from you!

      Cheesily yours,

      Skip West
      President
      Suspicious Cheese Lords