Reserve Copies of The Slow Burn's new CD

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2006
      All,

      Ted Donat here - Regional Director of the Mid-Atlantic Sweeps.

      As some of you know, for the last two years I have been playing with
      a band called The Slow Burn. We are a four-piece – two guitars,
      bass and drums – and we play original rock and roll. To give you an
      idea of our style, here is our "elevator pitch" (hey, I'm a
      marketing guy!): "The Slow Burn is melodic rock with an edge, for a
      generation raised on great songwriting and punk attitude, spanning
      the chasms from John Lennon to Kurt Cobain, Bob Marley to Aimee
      Mann, Joe Strummer to Jeff Tweedy." (Hopefully you recognized at
      least one of those names! If you recognized them all, go have a
      mojito, you pop-culture savant, you!)

      Personally, we are all professionals and Dads, so we are muy
      simpatico when it comes to the work-family-music-life balance! We
      really enjoy each other's company, and I think that really comes
      through in our music.

      Here's some news for you:

      IOTA SHOW:

      Please join us on August 29th at the legendary Arlington venue
      IOTA! Local favorites Debris will be opening for us. The show
      starts at 8:30. We need a good turnout for this show, so if you
      haven't made it down to hear us yet, make this the one!

      For information on the club, head on over to
      http://www.iotaclubandcafe.com

      OUR NEW CD:

      We are putting the finishing touches on a CD called "Let's Do It!"
      I am really proud and honored to be a part of this, and I truly feel
      that it is the best musical document I have ever been a part of.
      Because of my long history of a cappella singing and producing, I
      take the vocals on any recording I am involved with very seriouly,
      and this album is no exception.

      The CD should be ready in about a month. In the meantime, you can
      reserve a copy for the special price of only $10. When the CD is
      generally available, the price will go up to $15. So you will save…
      um…like…five dollars!

      To hear samples of the music, read more about the band and reserve
      your copy of the CD, surf on over to www.theslowburn.com and click
      on "Buy". While you are there, please sign our guestbook!

      You should also check out www.myspace.com/theslowburnrocks
      just `cuz.

      If you are not into the whole online transaction thing, you can send
      a check for $12.25 ($10 plus $2.25 domestic shipping) payable
      to "Edward Donat" (my real, actual, parent-given name) to me at:

      3817 Prince William Drive
      Fairfax, VA 22031

      We will acknowledge receipt of your payment and will shoot you a
      copy the very moment the CD is done!

      Remember, this offer expires when the CD is officially released!

      We will be announcing the details of our CD release party soon, so
      stay tuned for that!

      Special Bonus: Know somebody in the music biz? We'll send you a
      free copy of our CD if you hook us up!

      Thanks for your continued support!