Baltimore-based mezzo seeks group

  • Hanne Blank
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2005
      Hello all --

      Just dropping a note to say hello and briefly introduce myself. I'm a Baltimore-based mezzo (classically trained, BM from New England Conservatory, MM from Indiana University) who works as a writer/historian and public speaker and is looking to find or build a versatile group to sing with.

      My perfect a cappella group would be adventurous and skilled enough to do everything from Monteverdi and Debussy to standards to spirituals to, oh, I dunno, maybe we could arrange some Radiohead or something. But I'm willing to start smaller and see where things go, of course.

      Anyway, I've always maintained that singing a cappella is the most fun you can have with your clothes on, and I miss it! So I look forward to hearing about what's going on in the region and hopefully to finding my way to a group sooner or later.

      Cheers,
      Hanne

      --
      "Never retreat, never explain, never apologize--get the thing done and letthem howl." - Nellie McClung

      Hanne Blank
      hanne@...
      http://www.hanneblank.com