May 13 BlueLine concert in Bethesda, Md.

  • kakki_lewis
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27 12:25 PM
      Please join BlueLine for a FREE farewell concert to our fabulous,
      talented first soprano Bethie. After two terrific years with
      BlueLine, Bethie has been promoted in her work at the National
      Basilica to cantor, which is a great honor, but which will take all
      of her vocal energies.

      So we're sending her off with two hours of our finest music. Please
      drop in!

      WHERE: Mayorga Coffee Roasters, 8201 Wisconsin Avenue in Bethesda,
      Md.

      WHEN: Friday, May 13; First set begins at 8:30 pm; second set begins
      around 9:45 pm

      WHAT: BlueLine's Greatest Hits, i.e. all your favorite music and some
      new tunes from our usual grab-bag of jazz, pop and gospel a cappella

      HOW MUCH: Free admission! If you'd like to eat or drink, the
      restaurant sells food as well as coffee, of course.

      LOGISTICS: Free parking in the lot underneath the restaurant; lots of
      comfortable seating; children welcome; equidistant from Medical
      Center and Bethesda Red Line metro stops

      MORE INFO: http://www.mayorgacoffee.com/bethesdapage.html
      http://www.bluelinedc.com/

      And in a related note, please spread the word that we're holding
      auditions for a soprano! Here's the info:

      We're looking for a talented soprano who can blend, read music, and
      learn parts quickly. BlueLine, a co-ed sextet, has been performing
      around the Washington, D.C., area since 1999. We pride ourselves on
      being a fun and energetic group that performs a wide variety of
      complex arrangements with tight harmonies. Our repertoire includes
      jazz standards, pop tunes, gospel songs and original arrangements.
      We're in the process of recording our first CD. Auditions are planned
      for Sunday, May 1, although other times could be arranged.

      Anyone interested in auditioning should contact Ashley@...
      or (301) 565-0348