Soprano wanted for BlueLine, DC-area sextet

  • Katherine Reynolds Lewis
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2005
      BlueLine Audition Notice: Seeking First Soprano

      About BlueLine

      BlueLine is a co-ed, six-member, not-for-profit a cappella vocal group that
      has been performing around the Washington, D.C., area since 1999. We pride
      ourselves on being fun and energetic. We perform a wide variety of complex
      arrangements with tight harmonies.

      Our Music

      BlueLine performs jazz standards, pop tunes and gospel songs. Our
      repertoire includes classics like Foggy Day (George Gershwin), I�ve Got You
      Under My Skin (Cole Porter), and Mood Indigo (Duke Ellington), as well as a
      cappella favorites like Wanting Memories (Sweet Honey in the Rock), Late
      Model Love (The Bobs), and Mary Don't You Weep (Take 6). We even do a
      version of Dale Evans' "Happy Trails" and "Santa Fe" from the musical Rent.
      We're in the process of recording our first CD. Short clips of our singing
      can be heard at www.bluelinedc.com.

      Auditions

      We're looking for a fun, talented first soprano who can blend, read music,
      and learn parts quickly. If you love a cappella, can commit to one rehearsal
      a week, and live in or near Washington, D.C., we may be the group for you!
      Feel free to contact us through email (contact info below), if you're
      interested in auditioning. Auditions are planned for Sunday, May 1, although
      other times could be arranged if necessary.

      BlueLine
      Web site: www.bluelinedc.com
      Email: ashley@...
      Phone: (301) 565-0348