PHILLY AREA VOCALISTS - Sign up here!

  • Stephanie Renee
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2004
      Message
      REGISTRATION ENDS SOON, TENORS AND BARITONES/BASSES WANTED -- The VOICE A Cappella Ensemble, a performance extension of the Soul Sanctuary arts education foundation (www.Soul-Sanctuary.net), is dedicated to celebrating and uplifting humanity by sharing our stories through song. Recognizing the human voice as the world's first instrument, our mission is to explore the vast range of vocal sound through charted arrangements and improvisation. We strive to educate and enlighten our audiences by sharing music that explores the diversity and intricacies of the human experience. Rather than approach the music from a large choral perspective, Soul Sanctuary is building a strong octet - 8 vocalists who can rise to the challenge of a cappella arrangements and make the music soar for our audiences! Auditions will be held on Monday, March 22 from 7 to 9p at The Rotunda, 4012 Walnut Street, Philadelphia - next to The Bridge movie theater. All vocalists are asked to prepare 2 short selections (verse and chorus) -- one ballad and one uptempo number of your choice. Contemporary hits, as well as showtunes, are welcome. The strongest candidates will be asked to remain after their preliminary audition to learn additional material for further consideration. Final notification will be made by telephone or e-mail before March 25. RSVP to VOICE@... to secure an audition timeslot and with any further questions.

      STEPHANIE RENEE
      Performance & Artist Info - www.StephanieRenee.com
      The InkSpot Site - www.Creators-Child.com
      Arts Education Foundation - www.Soul-Sanctuary.net

      Pick up my new CD, TUNING FORKED TONGUE, at the following locations:
      In the Popular Music section at www.Amazon.com
      The Sound of Market - 15 S. 11th Street, Philadelphia
      Moods Music - Little 5 Points, Atlanta
      Hear how I flow on the following sites:
      And don't miss the Soul Sanctuary radio show on WQHS.org every Monday from 2-6 pm!