VOICE - Background and Audition Info

  • Stephanie Renee
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 9 6:30 AM
      Message
      THE VOICE A CAPPELLA ENSEMBLE

      Background & Audition Info

      The VOICE A Cappella Ensemble, a performance extension of the Soul Sanctuary arts education foundation (www.Soul-Sanctuary.net), is dedicated to celebrating and uplifting humanity by sharing our stories through song. Recognizing the human voice as the world’s first instrument, our mission is to explore the vast range of vocal sound through charted arrangements and improvisation. We strive to educate and enlighten our audiences by sharing music that explores the diversity and intricacies of the human experience.

      Rather than approach the music from a large choral perspective, Soul Sanctuary is building a strong octet – 8 vocalists who can rise to the challenge of a cappella arrangements and make the music soar for our audiences!

      Auditions will be held on Monday, March 22 from 7 to 9p at The Rotunda, 4012 Walnut Street - next to The Bridge movie theater. All vocalists are asked to prepare 2 short selections (verse and chorus) -- one ballad and one uptempo number of your choice. Contemporary hits, as well as showtunes, are welcome. The strongest candidates will be asked to remain after their preliminary audition to learn additional material for further consideration. Final notification will be made by telephone or e-mail before March 25.

      RSVP to VOICE@... to secure an audition timeslot and with any further questions.