VOICE - Background and Audition Info

  • Stephanie Renee
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 23 6:46 AM
      Message
      Below you will find a brief description of the group and our upcoming auditions. Please contact me directly to secure an audition timeslot or with any questions.

      Stephanie Renee
      Creative and Administrative Director
      SOUL SANCTUARY, INC.
      PO Box 22327
      Philadelphia, PA 19110-2327
      215-387-SOUL  (event hotline)
      215-349-7791 (office/fax)
      www.Soul-Sanctuary.net
      And don't miss the Soul Sanctuary Internet radio show on WQHS.org, every Monday from 2-6 pm!

      THE VOICE A CAPPELLA ENSEMBLE

      Background & Audition Info

      The VOICE A Cappella Ensemble, a performance extension of the Soul Sanctuary arts education foundation (www.Soul-Sanctuary.net), is dedicated to celebrating and uplifting humanity by sharing our stories through song. Recognizing the human voice as the world’s first instrument, our mission is to explore the vast range of vocal sound through charted arrangements and improvisation. We strive to educate and enlighten our audiences by sharing music that explores the diversity and intricacies of the human experience.

      Our group is in transition -- as we seek to step up the complexity of our repertoire and once again enjoy the vocal variety afforded by a co-ed singing group. That means we're looking for a few good men AND women!

      Rather than approach the music from a large choral perspective, Soul Sanctuary is building a strong octet – 8 vocalists who can rise to the challenge of a cappella arrangements and make the music soar for our audiences!

      Auditions will be held on Monday, March 15 from 7 to 9p, location TBA. All vocalists are asked to prepare 2 short selections (verse and chorus) -- one ballad and one uptempo number of your choice. Contemporary hits, as well as showtunes, are welcome. The strongest candidates will be asked to remain after their preliminary audition to learn additional material for further consideration. Final notification will be made by telephone or e-mail before March 18.

      RSVP to VOICE@... to secure an audition timeslot and with any further questions.

    • Stephanie Renee
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 9, 2004
        Message
        THE VOICE A CAPPELLA ENSEMBLE

        Background & Audition Info

        The VOICE A Cappella Ensemble, a performance extension of the Soul Sanctuary arts education foundation (www.Soul-Sanctuary.net), is dedicated to celebrating and uplifting humanity by sharing our stories through song. Recognizing the human voice as the world’s first instrument, our mission is to explore the vast range of vocal sound through charted arrangements and improvisation. We strive to educate and enlighten our audiences by sharing music that explores the diversity and intricacies of the human experience.

        Rather than approach the music from a large choral perspective, Soul Sanctuary is building a strong octet – 8 vocalists who can rise to the challenge of a cappella arrangements and make the music soar for our audiences!

        Auditions will be held on Monday, March 22 from 7 to 9p at The Rotunda, 4012 Walnut Street - next to The Bridge movie theater. All vocalists are asked to prepare 2 short selections (verse and chorus) -- one ballad and one uptempo number of your choice. Contemporary hits, as well as showtunes, are welcome. The strongest candidates will be asked to remain after their preliminary audition to learn additional material for further consideration. Final notification will be made by telephone or e-mail before March 25.

        RSVP to VOICE@... to secure an audition timeslot and with any further questions.