2004 Mid-Atlantic Regional at The Birchmere, April 4, 2004

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 15, 2003
      To All Fans of A Cappella Music,

      We are very pleased to announce the date and location for the 20th
      Annual Harmony Sweepstakes 2004 Mid-Atlantic Regional! The event
      will be held for the third year in a row at The Birchmere Music Hall
      on Sunday, April 4th!

      As many of you know, The Birchmere is a fantastic venue for seeing
      live a cappella! Plus they have great food and free parking! The
      Birchmere booked up earlier than usual this year, so we were unable
      to get a Saturday night as we would have liked, but The Birchmere is
      such an unusual and a cappella friendly venue that we decided to do
      it there on a Sunday rather than a lesser venue on a Saturday!

      As you may know, last year's DC Regional Champs The Idea of North
      also won the Nationals! The bad news is that The Idea of North's
      schedule won't allow them to make it from Australia to host the
      DC
      Regional in 2004. The good news is that last year's hilarious
      and
      talented hosts and 2002 Regional champs The Tone Rangers have agreed
      to host again this year! (And you may still get to see The Idea of
      North in the area – we are working on putting together a gig at
      The
      Birchmere for another time, so stay tuned!) We will also be having a
      showcase performance by local favorites and event producers dcVocals
      for the third year running!

      Below is everything you need to know about the show:
      *Date: Sunday, April 4th, 2003 (This was incorrectly listed as March
      22nd in the Primarily A Cappella Newsletter)
      *Time: 7:30 (We may try to start a little earlier since it's a
      school night – stay tuned!)
      *Location: The Birchmere Music Hall, 3701 Mt. Vernon Avenue,
      Alexandria, VA, 22305 (www.birchmere.com)
      *Ticket Price: $20

      ***PLEASE BE SURE TO BUY YOUR TICKETS EARLY! THE BIRCHMERE ONLY
      HOLDS 500 AND WE HAVE SOLD OUT THE PAST TWO YEARS RUNNING!!!**

      Below is information on how to enter:
      *Entry Deadline: January 31, 2004
      *Rules: You must be a group of between three and seven members to be
      eligible. You do not need to be from the Mid-Atlantic area! Please
      go to http://www.harmony-sweepstakes.com/rules.html for a
      comprehensive list of rules.
      *Entry Requirements:
      1) Go to http://www.harmony-sweepstakes.com/enter.html and follow
      the instructions on either the online form or the PDF form.
      2) Send a tape or CD and six 8x10 photos to Ted Donat, 36 E. Linden
      Street, Alexandria, VA, 22301 by January 30, 2004. If you have
      digital media, you can send it to ted_donat@.... (Please
      note that my mailbox has a 10MB limit per message!)

      We look forward to another great show!

      Producer