VOICE Audition Info - Philadelphia

  • Stephanie Renee
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2003
      Message
      Thank you to everyone who has requested further information on the VOICE A Cappella Ensemble auditions.

      The VOICE A Cappella Ensemble, an artistic program of the Soul Sanctuary non-profit organization, is dedicated to celebrating and uplifting humanity by sharing our stories of womanhood through song. We strive to educate and enlighten our audiences by sharing music that explores the diversity and intricacies of the female experience.

      Auditions will be held on Monday, December 8 from 7 to 9 pm at The Rotunda, 4014 Walnut Street next to The Bridge movie theater. The building's entrance is on the left side near the rear of the building. All vocalists are asked to prepare 2 short selections (verse and chorus) -- one ballad and one uptempo number of your choice. Contemporary hits, as well as showtunes, are welcome. The strongest candidates will be asked to remain after their audition to review additional arrangements with group members. Final notification will be made by telephone or e-mail before December 12.

      Please note that we are most in need of soloists, tenors and vocal percussionists. Other vocal parts are welcome to audition; however your chances of being selected are slimmer, based on the group's current composition.

      RSVP to VOICE@... to secure an audition timeslot and with any further questions.

      We are excited about increasing our numbers and look forward to meeting you on Monday.