The Lake Effect has arrived!

  • Matt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2003
      I know that this group is for places a little further south of us but
      I would just like to take a moment to introduce ourselves!

      The Lake Effect is officially in force! The Lake Effect is Western
      New York's first semi-pro acappella group ready to take the acappella
      world by storm. Based in Buffalo, this 10-man group is a diverse mix
      of guys with various musical backgrounds: from opera and classical to
      jazz and of course, acappella, including a handful of alumni from the
      Buffalo Chips, the University at Buffalo's award-winning all-male
      acappella group. We're proud to have celebrated our first "gig" at a
      local open mic night this past Sunday.

      With that, let us also announce that we would like to audition for
      our high-tenor spot as the member who was going to hold that spot is
      relocating to Boston after (I believe) a 4th summer with the ever-
      popular Hyannis Sound. If you live in the Western New York area or
      know someone who does, please respond to this email (to the poster,
      NOT this group), with your specs so we can review them and set up an
      audition.

      We look forward to entering the semi-pro realm of acappella and
      meeting a lot of you in person as we move forward!

      happy harmony!
      Matthew Sciara
      Bass/Founding Member
      The Lake Effect