Hello and Audition Announcement (Harrisburg, PA area)

  • shawn_nicole17055
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2003
      To the members of this group:

      Hi! I just came across this a couple of days ago and wanted to say
      hi. As you can probably tell by my subject, there's another reason
      too, but I'll get there in a minute. =)

      My names Shawn, and I'm a 2+ year resident of the Harrisburg Area
      (Lemoyne, to be precise), with the decade prior having spent in State
      College, PA. I've been an a cappellahead since my early 20's, having
      either formed or helped to form several groups in the State College
      area, most of which were affiliated with Penn State University. I'm
      also a former regional producer for the ICCA and have been a CASA
      ambassador for over a decade. Since moving, I've sung with the
      Keystone Capital Chorus (barbershop) for a period of time before
      deciding that I wanted to get back into the "vocal band" thing. I've
      recently put together a "post-collegiate" ensemble that currently has
      11 members and a very successful first rehearsal, so I'm pretty
      jazzed on all things a cappella right now.

      In any event, the other reason for my post is that if anyone on here
      lives within the Harrisburg Area (Hershey, Carlisle, Cumberland
      County, York County, Lancaster, etc...)...we're still looking for 1-3
      more basses for sure, and maybe another Tenor 1, to help to fill out
      the sound. This is a for fun group that will eventually gig to self-
      sustain financially. Music will branch from the 50's doo-wop to more
      modern music, with a veer towards holiday music for the upcoming
      holidays. If anyone on this list might be interested, drop me a
      line. If you're not interested, but still want to say hi and chat
      about all things a cappella, drop me a line too!

      Hope everyone is well!

      In harmony,
      Shawn Pearce
      CASA PA