527new group in Harrisburg, PA

  • Jeff
    May 2 4:10 PM
      I'm looking for partners to help me form Harrisburg's premier close-harmony vocal ensemble. I'm envisioning a mixed (SATB) quartet or octet of youthful voices singing lighthearted a cappella or lightly-accompanied arrangements appropriate to a Harrisburg audience. Impeccable sense of pitch and ability to hold one's own part is a must, as is a commitment to attend weekly rehearsals.

      About me: I'm a semi-professional musician, although not primarily a vocalist. I was trained as a music teacher and worked in that field for several years. I've been singing for as long as I can remember and began formal training almost 30 years ago. I sing baritone or tenor as the need arises. My influences include Manhattan Transfer, The B-52s, 5th Dimension, Sixth Wave, etc.

      I have ideas about the kinds of things the group should do, but I don't want it to become a one-man show, I'm open to suggestions and ideas. This is all still very much in the pre-planning stages, so please contact me if you'd like to get involved on the ground floor.