401SWEEPS AUGHT EIGHT!!!
- Dec 10, 2007
Dear Mid-Atlantic A Cappella Fans,
This communication can only mean one thing that's right, the time is once again upon us to crank up the Harmony Sweepstakes Mid-Atlantic Regional machine!
First order of business shorten that cumbersome name! A few suggestions:
- HaSMAR (hmm sounds like a terrorist organization that just had its funding frozen)
- HarmSweep MAR (sounds like a black ops DoD program)
- HarSweMidAR (just stupid)
OK...I'll keep working on it!
Last year's winners DoubleShot! have agreed to make the trek from wintry Pittsburgh, PA to lend their particular brand of lunacy to the proceedings as hosts.
Below are the particulars:
- Date: Saturday, April 5, 2008
- Time: 7:30 p.m. (doors open at 5)
- The Birchmere Music Hall
- 3701 Mt. Vernon Avenue
- Alexandria, VA 22305
- Ticket Price: $25 (I'm delighted to say that we have gone three straight years without having to raise the price!)
- How to purchase tickets: Go to the Birchmere box office any evening there is a show or surf over to http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/1158568/?search_redirect=Harmony%20Sweepstakes and click away!
Believe it or not, this will be our seventh straight year at the beloved Birchmere!
Below is information on how to enter:
- Entry Deadline: January 31, 2008
- Rules: You must be a group of between 3 and 8 members to be eligible. You do not need to be from the Mid-Atlantic area! Please go to http://www.harmony-sweepstakes.com/rules.html for a comprehensive list of rules.
- Go to http://www.harmony-sweepstakes.com/enter.html and follow the instructions.
- Send a music sample and two 8x10 photos to me. I use one photo for the "marquis" out front, so you should send something you would be proud to have displayed! The other one I keep for my files. If you have digital media (mp3's, jpegs, etc.), e-mail them to tdonat AT gmail.com. Otherwise, you can send tapes, CD's and 8x10's via snail mail to me at the below address:
3817 Prince William Drive
Fairfax, VA 22031
We look forward to another fantastic show!
Ted Donat, Producer/Regional Director, Harmony Sweepstakes Mid-Atlantic Regional
Sara Rasmussen, Assistant Producer
Paul D'Andrea, Dale Juarbe, Associate Producers
- Next post in topic >>