Well, I would not call 2.5-3 times a very small gain. However it may or may not be cost effective to use a heat pump, it depends on other factors also. Forthorhallurr
I’m not sure I’d call a COP over 2 (aka 200%) a “small gain”. 800W vs 2kW is substantial when you have a supply cap of 8.5kW. call it 10% vs 24%.
I think the very small gain in efficiency would not be worth the increased complexity and initial cost. We are also off grid with a 15kW Micro Hydro. See heremicrohydrodev
The group is moderated by microhydro expert Wim Jonker Klunne
More information at microhydropower.net
- Nov 24, 1998
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages require approval.
- All members can post messages.