need a 5kw hydro-pwer plant

  • Ginnee Hancock
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2007
      HI,

      I am new to the site. We live in Southern Costa Rica, off the grid. We have done our tests for drop and head, we have an abundance of water, more than 20 waterfalls and several rivers. We need a power plant. Can you recommend a brand and where to purchase a micro hydro-power plant and all that I need to go with it?

      Thank you very much,

      Ginnee

      Ginnee y Felipe Hancock
      Finca Quijote de Esperanza, SA
      Costa Rica
      http://www.costaricamountain.blogspot.com

    • Jim and Robin
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2007
        Hi Ginnee,

        There are lots of knowledgeable folks on this site. Before they can be of
        much use, you need to be more specific regarding head pressure, flow,
        voltage required, distance from site, etc., e.g., no one the gpm or l/s an
        "abundance" of water is. The more info you supply, the better the
        recommendations will be. Regards, Jim

        > I am new to the site. We live in Southern Costa Rica, off the grid. We
        > have done our tests for drop and head, we have an abundance of water, more
        > than 20 waterfalls and several rivers. We need a power plant. Can you
        > recommend a brand and where to purchase a micro hydro-power plant and all
        > that I need to go with it?
        >
        > Thank you very much,
        >
        > Ginnee
        >

        > Ginnee y Felipe Hancock
        > Finca Quijote de Esperanza, SA
        > Costa Rica
        > http://www.costaricamountain.blogspot.com

        > Does your company feature in the microhydro business directory at
        > http://microhydropower.net/directory ? If not, please register free of
        > charge and be exposed to the microhydro community world wide!
        >
        > NOTE: The advertisements in this email are added by Yahoogroups who
        > provides us with free email group services. The microhydro-group does not
        > endorse products or support the advertisements in any way.

        > To unsubscribe: send empty message to
        > microhydro-unsubscribe@...
        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >

        > --
        > 10/1/2007 6:59 PM

      • yassi yousef
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2007
          Hi
          Please let me know of your construction,technical and financial support so then it may possible to recommend something suitable.
          Thanks
          Y.Yassi

          Ginnee Hancock <ginnee@...> wrote:
          HI,

          I am new to the site. We live in Southern Costa Rica, off the grid. We have done our tests for drop and head, we have an abundance of water, more than 20 waterfalls and several rivers. We need a power plant. Can you recommend a brand and where to purchase a micro hydro-power plant and all that I need to go with it?

          Thank you very much,

          Ginnee

          Ginnee y Felipe Hancock
          Finca Quijote de Esperanza, SA
          Costa Rica
          http://www.costaricamountain.blogspot.com

        • Carlos Bonifetti
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2007
            Hi Ginnee & Felipe,

            Very nice 'Finca', a I see at your blog.
            I had sent you a particular e-mail giving Mauricio Gnecco contact, Colombia, who may help with the micro hydro as he is nearby Costa Rica.

            Regards,

            Carlos Bonifetti

            > I am new to the site. We live in Southern Costa Rica, off the grid. We
            > have done our tests for drop and head, we have an abundance of water, more
            > than 20 waterfalls and several rivers. We need a power plant. Can you
            > recommend a brand and where to purchase a micro hydro-power plant and all
            > that I need to go with it?
            >
            > Thank you very much,
            >
            > Ginnee
            >

            > Ginnee y Felipe Hancock
            > Finca Quijote de Esperanza, SA
            > Costa Rica
            > http://www.costaricamountain.blogspot.com

            > Does your company feature in the microhydro business directory at
            > http://microhydropower.net/directory ? If not, please register free of
            > charge and be exposed to the microhydro community world wide!
            >
            > NOTE: The advertisements in this email are added by Yahoogroups who
            > provides us with free email group services. The microhydro-group does not
            > endorse products or support the advertisements in any way.

            > To unsubscribe: send empty message to
            > microhydro-unsubscribe@...
            > Yahoo! Groups Links
            >

            > --
            > 10/1/2007 6:59 PM

          • nando
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 2, 2007
              Ginnee:

              There is a fellow in Costa Rica that does alternative energy installations, his name is LUIS and If you are interested I can supply his phone number and address.

              If you have done the water volume measurements as well as the head, then the decision of power is next then the system.

              I can assist you as well.

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 6, 2007
                Hi Ginnee Hancock from Costa Rica:

                I am from Cuba expert in this matter, but as I know in your country there are a lot hydropower development practice, we also have a lot, if you have some special question you can send it to lamycas@... in spanish if is easier for you and I can give you some direct explanation.
                Best regard and a look foward to here from you.

                Lamyser
                Empresa Nacional de Hidroenergia