[microhydro] Ireland

  • bormsby@storm.ie
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 1999
      I have just joined the group and I would like to know if there is anybody
      else from this area on the group. I am in the west of Ireland in Galway. Is
      there anybody else from Ireland here or even from the UK?

      I have seen a couple of recommendations for books. Are there any that
      are particularly good at describing the Irish/UK setup. I presume the basic
      requirements for a micro hydro setup are the same all over the world but
      I am looking for something that will give a list of local equipment
      suppliers
      and will contain information on the 220 volt 60hertz power supply.

      Regards,
      Bowen.

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/microhydro
    • hugh piggott
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 1999
        >and will contain information on the 220 volt 60hertz power supply.

        is ireland 60Hz??

        talk to Adare Roger <BNAUDC/BNAUDCPO/radare@...>

        Hugh, Scoraig,Scotland

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 2, 1999
          Hugh,

          Thanks for the pointer to Adare Roger.

          As for Ireland using 60Hz - that was obviously a slip of the finger. We use
          50Hz of course.

          Regards,
          Bowen.

          Mr Bowen Ormsby.
          Galway, Ireland.

          eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/microhydro
        • Seanachie1@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 2, 1999
            I also have many 220 volt 60hertz or 50hertz inverters on hand if you can not
            find it there.
            I also have some small hydro units as well. Thanks Mike at Remote Power

            eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/microhydro
          • Peter Elias Kigadye
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 3, 1999
              Hello,
              I have a requirement for constructing a small power supply to a dairy farm
              can you point out for me how to go about it fro the microhydropower point
              of view?
              the power is to come from a river nearby giving me a head of about 30m.

              Regards
              Peter

              eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/microhydro
            • Tony Woods
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 3, 1999
                We build complete AC turbine packages with either propeller, Crossflow or
                pelton turbines. For 30 meter head I would use a Crossflow and an
                electronic load governor to keep your voltage stable. Once you know your
                head (30 metres) and your flow rate then it is not difficult to put together
                a package to meet your requirements and you would need to do the on site
                works such as laying penstock etc..

                Let me know if you want more data. Thanks

                Tony Woods
                Renewable Energy Engineer
                Powerflow Ltd.
                P.O. Box 11822