Re: [microhydro] Micro Turbine producers in China

  • Walter Jeffries
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 30 4:57 PM
      Charles & Nando,

      I am curious as to what you would expect a 5KW system to cost for the
      turbine and generator?

      -Walter

      >>> Reply-to:microhydro@yahoogroups.com
      >>> To:microhydro@yahoogroups.com
      >>> Received from Internet:
      >>>

      >>> Look for products from India, I understand they are good quality
      >>>
      >>> Nando

      Sincerely,

      Walter Jeffries
      BlackLightning, Inc.
      252 Riddle Pond Road
      West Topsham, VT 05086
      walterj@...
      (802) 439-6462
      ---
      Laser-Printer Iron-on Heat Transfer-Toner: http://transfertoner.com/
      Custom Transfers on Shirts, mugs & more: http://bltserve.com/
      Holly's Pencil Portraits: http://hollygraphicart.com/
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 1, 2006
        Walter:

        Once again, expect to cost is one thing, expect to spend is another.

        One thing is the Turbine, Generator and controller, another thing is the
        penstock, civil engineering work, water source harvesting and several other
        steps that are needed to implement for a successfully installed system.

        From 1500 to 7500 USA dollars per kilowatt of energy, and sometimes it is
        higher !!

        Instead of keeping your site with is capabilities in SECRET, it is best to
        ask supplying enough information to attain a good response based in facts
        and not in DREAMS.

        > I am curious as to what you would expect a 5KW system to cost for the
        > turbine and generator?
        >
        > -Walter
        >
        > On Jun 30, 2006, at 4:36 PM, Nando wrote:
        >
        >> Charles:
        >>
        >> Your question is to BROAD, you need to indicate the type : head and
        >> water
        >> volume and voltage/frequency of the system to define the type you
        >> need.
        >> Also, knowing what you need there are other simpler solutions at
        >> much lower
        >> costs and what is most important LONGER equipment life.
        >>
        >> Send the info to assist you better
        >>
        >> Nando

        >>> 970-243-3316

      • chuck3316@cs.com
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 1, 2006
          I have about 600 - 800 - GPM @ a 45 - 50 foot head for 6 months and about 25
          - 30 GPM @ a 50 foot head the rest of the year as it is ditch water summer and
          spring fed winter water. There would be about 800 feet of penstock.

          I assume I would @ least two systems.

          I don't know what type would be the most efficient for this head and flow?

          I am wondering how feasible this would be?

          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 1, 2006
            600 gallon/minute = 10 gallon/sec= 37.8 liter/sec
            45 foot = 13.7 meter

            Gross power = 37.8 * 13.7 * 9.81 = 5.08 KW for 6 months
            Total efficiency around 0.6 for 3 KW

            25 gpm = 1.5 liter/sec 50 foot = 15.2 meter

            Gross power = 1.5 * 15.2 * 9.81 = 223 watts
            Total efficiency around 0.4 = 90 watts

            you will need two systems and one penstock with a fork for each type.

            The 5 KW generator will have too much drag when at low flow, so it would be
            better to have two systems

            TURGO Turbine is the arrangement

            > spring fed winter water. There would be about 800 feet of penstock.
            >
            > I assume I would @ least two systems.
            >
            > I don't know what type would be the most efficient for this head and flow?
            >
            > I am wondering how feasible this would be?
            >>
            >> Charles:
            >>
            >> Your question is to BROAD, you need to indicate the type : head and water
            >> volume and voltage/frequency of the system to define the type you need.
            >> Also, knowing what you need there are other simpler solutions at much
            >> lower
            >> costs and what is most important LONGER equipment life.
            >>
            >> Send the info to assist you better
            >>
            >> Nando
            >>

            >>Hi!
            >>
            >>Any suggestions as to where to look for one of 5 KW or less?
            >>
            >>Yours in Christ Jesus
            >>Charles and Joan Simcox
            >>598 Rio Hondo Road
            >>Grand Junction, CO 81503
            >>chuck3316@...
            >>970-243-3316
            >>6--2006
            >>
            >>>Subj: Re: [microhydro] Micro Turbine producers in China
            >>>Date:6/30/2006 10:25:47 AM Mountain Daylight Time
            >>>From:nando37@...
            >>>Reply-to:microhydro@yahoogroups.com
            >>>To:microhydro@yahoogroups.com
            >>>Received from Internet:
            >>>

            >>>Look for products from India, I understand they are good quality
            >>>
            >>>Nando

            > Does your company feature in the microhydro business directory at
            > http://microhydropower.net/directory ? If not, please register free of
            > charge and be exposed to the microhydro community world wide!
            >
            > NOTE: The advertisements in this email are added by Yahoogroups who
            > provides us with free email group services. The microhydro-group does not
            > endorse products or support the advertisements in any way.

            > To unsubscribe: send empty message to
            > microhydro-unsubscribe@...
            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Walter Jeffries
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 2, 2006
              On Jul 1, 2006, at 10:30 AM, Nando wrote:
              > Walter:
              >
              > Once again, expect to cost is one thing, expect to spend is another.
              >
              > One thing is the Turbine, Generator and controller, another thing
              > is the
              > penstock, civil engineering work, water source harvesting and
              > several other
              > steps that are needed to implement for a successfully installed
              > system.
              >
              >> From 1500 to 7500 USA dollars per kilowatt of energy, and
              >> sometimes it is
              > higher !!
              >
              > Instead of keeping your site with is capabilities in SECRET, it is
              > best to
              > ask supplying enough information to attain a good response based in
              > facts
              > and not in DREAMS.

              Nando, perhaps what you meant to say was "What are the head, penstock
              length and flow on your system?" Assuming that was the case:

              head: 160'
              flow: 50gpm
              length: 1,000'

              Cheers,