Need source for low head turbine

  • bobmagi@att.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1 6:07 AM
      A customer has a 500 liter per second 4 meter water fall (8000 gpm X 13 feet) and is looking for a microhydro turbine. I hope that Powerpal might eventually respond to my request for info of http://www.powerpal.com/Millseries.html but I am looking for other sources.

      Waterhorse looks good: http://www.waterturbine.com/NewFiles/Waterhorse.html
      http://www.waterturbine.com/NewFiles/waterhorsetables.html

      but I need a unit of twice the flow of their 9.5" unit. Anybody know of another manufacturer?

      Bob Maginnis Portland Oregon
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1 9:03 AM
        BOB:

        4 meter head and 500 l/s is either a propeller or a Banki turbine for about
        12 KW generation.

        If he is not connecting to the GRID I suggest 2 smaller units in parallel to
        attain 99.995 % reliability and 1/2 partial power if one unit needs repair.

        There is a fellow in Colombia, South America that make Bankis ( Cross flow )
        on order, long lived ~ 50 years.

        If interested, I would need to find his email address in another PC that has
        problems.

        | A customer has a 500 liter per second 4 meter water fall (8000 gpm X 13
        feet) and is looking for a microhydro turbine. I hope that Powerpal might
        eventually respond to my request for info of
        http://www.powerpal.com/Millseries.html but I am looking for other sources.

        | Waterhorse looks good:
        http://www.waterturbine.com/NewFiles/Waterhorse.html
        | http://www.waterturbine.com/NewFiles/waterhorsetables.html
        |
        | but I need a unit of twice the flow of their 9.5" unit. Anybody know of
        another manufacturer?

        | Bob Maginnis Portland Oregon
        |

        | Does your company feature in the microhydro business directory at
        http://microhydropower.net/directory ? If not, please register free of
        charge and be exposed to the microhydro community world wide!

        | NOTE: The advertisements in this email are added by Yahoogroups who
        provides us with free email group services. The microhydro-group does not
        endorse products or support the advertisements in any way.

        microhydro-unsubscribe@...
        | Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Max Enfield
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1 11:54 PM
          bobmagi@... wrote:

          > A customer has a 500 liter per second 4 meter water fall (8000 gpm X 13 feet) and is looking for a microhydro turbine. I hope that Powerpal might eventually respond to my request ... but I am looking for other sources. ....Anybody know of another manufacturer?
          >
          > Bob Maginnis Portland Oregon

          Gugler Hydro KT35 semi Kaplan
          http://www.hydro-energy.com/english/produkte/kompaktanlagen/kompakt_kt35_50.php

          Regards,