Re: [microhydro] Introduction

  • Jonah Pachuau
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 1 12:13 AM
      Hello I havent posted anything in this group but have
      been lurking in the background. I am from the state
      of Mizoram, a mountaneous NE region of India.

      Does any one know of a easily fabricatable 2Kva Pico
      Turbine design?

      I am most interested in trying to manufacture a 2Kva
      pico turbine as our state is very poorly electrified.

      Jonah L Pachuau
      Mizoram Youth Resource Centre
      Aizawl, Mizoram

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • humble deer
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 1 5:32 AM
        I would be extatic to get 30 watts out of anything. Hook me up!!

        Bob

        Nando <nando37@...> wrote:
        Zerwell:

        You are askingg for a miracle.

        I was done many decades ago and I have been retired for many yearas.

        It was very small, I would say around 90 or 100 mm, the water volume around
        0.5 l/s in summer, 30 or so watts in summer, about 45 -50 watts in winter,
        generator limited, you may calculate the head --

        I took a Lead plate, drilled hole, inserted a shaft with a collar, placed in
        a wood lathe and with a knife I made it circular.
        Then with a drill, I carefully made the buckets then with a knife I cleaned
        the center to present a sharp center blade or rib.

        Cutting Lead was easy, make a mistake very easy, I had to correct some with
        a heavy duty soldering iron to solder some lead back.

        I presented it to the school as a project, which gave me a high grade and I
        installed it in a far relative small farm he had without electricity

        Charging 2 - 6 volts batteries in series -- 12 volts just started arriving
        with the new cars. So many years ago - I was 14 years old.

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 1 7:10 AM
          Jonah:

          The question is too general, there are too many types, from low head to high
          head, low water volume to high water volume.

          Some appear in internet like the "Hummingbird"

          One needs to study the principles and what is required for a specific site,
          then to look for solutions to meet the parameters for such project or site.

          Have you defined any sites for possible energy harvesting and what are the
          parameters to give you suggestions what to do or get.

          What is your experience in the following fields: Electrical, electronic,
          mechanical, civil works, project management and so on.?.

          Indeed, past experience may assist you well in developing capabilities for
          Hydro work.

          I AM NOT TRYING TO PUT YOU DOWN, the opposite, and many in this group will
          assist you WELL.

          Please present what you have in mind, its needs and requirements and the
          site parameters.

          | Hello I havent posted anything in this group but have
          | been lurking in the background. I am from the state
          | of Mizoram, a mountaneous NE region of India.
          |
          | Does any one know of a easily fabricatable 2Kva Pico
          | Turbine design?
          |
          | I am most interested in trying to manufacture a 2Kva
          | pico turbine as our state is very poorly electrified.
          |
          | Jonah L Pachuau
          | Mizoram Youth Resource Centre
          | Aizawl, Mizoram

          | Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
          | http://mail.yahoo.com
          |

          | Does your company feature in the microhydro business directory at
          http://microhydropower.net/directory ? If not, please register free of
          charge and be exposed to the microhydro community world wide!

          | NOTE: The advertisements in this email are added by Yahoogroups who
          provides us with free email group services. The microhydro-group does not
          endorse products or support the advertisements in any way.

          | More information on micro hydropower at http://microhydropower.net
          |
          | To unsubscribe: send empty message to
          microhydro-unsubscribe@...
          | Yahoo! Groups Links

        • mrcdb
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 1 12:53 PM
            Nando,

            Thank you very much for the info. It's inspiring!

            Have a great day!

            Zerwell