Re: [microhydro] Arkansas Project

  • Eilrem Fernandez
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2005
      John,

      A 200W PowerPal consumes 28-35L/s at 1.5m head (5 ft). You can use 3 units of 200W PowerPal operating in series (multiple 5 ft drops/cascades) to generate a total of 600W. However, you then have to maintain 3 individual units and the water flow must not fall below 28L/s for reliable operation.

      Another solution is a customized do-it-yourself crossflow turbine, but it is technically difficult to handle the suction side so the draft tube is not feasible. Only 12ft of head will be available to you, so only about 460W will be available, assuming an overall efficiancy of about 40%.

      Eilrem

      HYDRO <nando37@...> wrote:
      POWERPAL for your site is quite useless, The PowerPal water volume and head
      required can not be supplied by your site, also its efficiency is quite
      poor.

      The Almighty protect us from the gravity machine and its followers.

      Regards