RE: [microhydro] Re: Electronic Load Controllers

  • Ranjitkar, Ghanashyam
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 1, 2004
      Hi Joe,

      The load controllers that have been widely used are from GP Electronics, UK
      and Thomson and Howe Energy Systems, Canada - these controllers are
      excellent for maintaining stable frequency and voltage, and are generally
      for synchronous generators(single phase or three-phase). The one from New
      Zealand is good for generators less than about 15 kW and single phase only.
      The cost becomes too high for three-phase systems - as it suggests to use
      one controller for each phases.

      For induction generators, well established low-cost controller area
      available from UK, Canada and Nepal. If you are interested I would be happy
      to send you the info I have and their contact addresses.

      Ghanashyam
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 21, 2004
        dear sir,

        I have made a 3hp induction generator as test machine for micro hydro study.i want to know about controller for IG that can maintain constant Voltage & frequency.please send me list of manufacture in india or nepal

      • ferrand
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 19, 2008
          Received from India, if anyone wants the brochure, please email me direct [zip file]
          ferrand@...

          Dear Sir,
          We are the manufacturers of Electronic Load Controllers. This is used
          for controlling the power output of generator used in micro hydro power
          plants.
          Our range is from 5kW to 50kW. We can always develop ELC for higher
          range if required. Please contact us if there is requirement of ELC.
          We also make customised test and measuring equipments. Please visit
          our website www.retraceelectronics.com for more details.
          With best regards,
          Prasun Mital
          Retrace Electronics
          C1A/14C, Janak Puri,
          New Delhi-110058
          INDIA
          Telephone: +91 9811339935, +91 9818079802
          Email: info@...