Re: [microhydro] Re: book(s), website, or other "self-ed. resource"?

  • Jane Daniels-Hall
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
      Hi John, We also live in Maine and would very much appreciate visiting your setup. We just purchased our 7 acres on Black Stream and want to put in a microhydro operation. We have just begun learning about this. We're true beginners. I did visit the Old Sparhawk Mill in Yarmouth and checked out his hydro plant....but that is huge! Do you heat your house with electric? I'm really attracted to the melting driveway idea, (our snowblower broke) If you could let us know when we might see it and where you are, you could email me privately at daniels_hall@...<mailto:daniels_hall@...> . Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks. Jane

      From: "John Fitzpatrick" <johnkingofspades@...<mailto:johnkingofspades@...>>
      To: microhydro@yahoogroups.com<mailto:microhydro@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 22:40:02 -0000

      Thank you for referring me to the book "MicroHydro Design Manual."
      To answer your question, "In what area are you living?" I live in
      New Jersey, USA, and I plan to move to New Hampshire, USA. There are
      abundant water and wind resources in many parts of New Hampshire.
      Because New Hampshire is a very northern US state, the solar resource
      is only modest.
      I will heat my hot water with thermal solar.
      I plan to get as much electricity as possible from Hydro first.
      If I need still more electricity, I will go to wind. If I still need
      more electricity, I will go to solar photovoltaics.
      So I'd now like to bring
      > myself up to speed on Micro-Hydro.
      > Can you recommend any book(s), website, or other
      > "self-education resource" I might use to familiar
      > myself with Micro-Hydro?
      > Thank you for your consideration.
      > Be well,
      > John Fitzpatrick (Butler, New Jersey 07405, USA)
      > johnkingofspades@...<mailto:johnkingofspades@...>

      MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page - FREE
      download! http://toolbar.msn.com/go/onm00200413ave/direct/01/<http://toolbar.msn.com/go/onm00200413ave/direct/01/>

      Does your company feature in the microhydro business directory at http://microhydropower.net/directory<http://microhydropower.net/directory> ? If not, please register free of charge and be exposed to the microhydro community world wide!

      NOTE: The advertisements in this email are added by Yahoogroups who provides us with free email group services. The microhydro-group does not endorse products or support the advertisements in any way.

      More information on micro hydropower at http://microhydropower.net<http://microhydropower.net/>

      Yahoo! Groups Links