Re: [microhydro] spear nozzle design

  • joel
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2002
      Does anyone know of any place to find designs for spear nozzles?
      Thanks

      Joel
    • lewishugh <lewish@hughes-micro.com>
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 11, 2002
        --- In microhydro@yahoogroups.com, "joel" <wd6fyc@h...> wrote:
        > Does anyone know of any place to find designs for spear nozzles?
        > Thanks
        >
        > Joel

        Take a look at pages 354 & 355 of "Principles of Turbomachinery" by
        D.G. Shepherd, MacMillan Publishing (c) 1956. That information is
        adapted from an article title "Water Turbines" by P.W. Seewer, which
        appeared in Kempe's Engineers Year Book Volume 1, 1953, page 865.

        That is the only book I have ever found that gives any formulas for
        the spear nozzle shape.

        If you find something else, please post it here.

        Regards,

        Lewis
      • Jacques De Mévius
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 27, 2003
          Does somebody know the translation of "spear nozzle" in french?
          Any relation with italian food?

          Jacques de Mévius (Belgium)