[microhydro] [Fwd: via hydropage]

  • Wim Klunne
    Message 1 of 34 , Jun 1, 1999
      Dear members,

      This massage reached me directly, but is of interest to all of us.

      regards,

      Wim
      ==============
      > from: "Daniel Youngs" <danyoungs@...>
      >
      > Hello,
      >
      > My name is Dan, I live in New York state, USA, I am very interested in micro-hydro. I want to try a grid connected induction generator to lower my energy bills.
      > The local utiliy would very much disapprove, likey force me to get a lot of permits for the dam as such. I would like to show them a safe design which would trip off if the was an
      > outage to insure no back feed could happen. I realize that an induction generator needs the grid for induction of the field. How ever I am concerned with residual magintism and
      > capitance in other equipment providing enough field to produce some power without the grid on.
      >
      > Do you think a induction generator could self excite without the grid?
      >
      > How could I sense if the grid went out and not be effected by the power coming from my own generator?
      >
      > I am not looking for backup if the grid is down, I'll handle that with a portable generator. I am looking to insure the saftey of any lineman working during an outage.
      >
      > Dan

      More information on micro hydropower at http://start.at/microhydro
      Microhydro eGroup page at http://www.itc.nl/~klunne/hydro/egroup
    • Wim Jonker Klunne
      Message 34 of 34 , Aug 12, 2006
        Dear group,

        Please see attached message by Jonathan regarding the replacement of a
        pelton wheel..
        If any of you will be able to assist him, please contact him directly at
        chapj@... (cc to the group when relevant please).

        Dear Jonathan,

        I have forwarded your message to the micro hydro discussion forum, a
        group of 1900+ members professionally and/or personally interested in
        micro hydropower. I hope some of them will be able to assist you with
        the question raised. For more information on the discussion forum and
        link to the archive, please see http://microhydropower.net/mhp_group

        Kind regards,

        Wim Jonker Klunne
        group moderator