Re: [microhydro] SPEAR OR NEEDLE VALVES

  • douglux
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 26, 2001
      Rupert
      i looked at your site and i could not find any detailed info on your valves (or any other product) to see i they would be usable. there was no pricing info either. do you have more data avail. im in the
      same boat of having to change jets to match the water.

      doug

    • evansengineering@cs.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 3, 2001
        Hello Doug,
        What head and flow do you have and what layout of turbine do you have? It's a
        case of producing lots of info and brochures OR building turbines (I used to
        produce a lot of blurb, but after several thousand info packs I concluded it
        was better to just build turbines !! I will try and find time to put more
        product information on our web site, but it will probably be after Christmas)
        Regards Rupert

      • douglux
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 3, 2001
          thanks for the reply..i have 250ft of head use 95 psi as that is the low end that i draw the line down to when i have all of the turbines running. i have the harris hydros here. they have 4 jets each
          and i run up to 3/8 in nozzels. i would probley look at one per hydro and use it as a fine tune. my water varies from not enough to make it worth while to more than i can use. with all three hydros up
          and going im using something like 350gpm.

          doug

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 5, 2001
            Hello Doug,
            Haven't time to reply in detail as I am off to India for 2 weeks working on
            corn mills. Your proposal sounds OK, so can you send a drawing or sketch of
            the envelope into which the spear valve has to fit. Talk to you soon.
            Regards Rupert