Cry for Help

  • Michael Elliott
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1 7:05 PM
      Dear Group,

      I have been following this thread for a while now brushing up on my
      Microhydro knowledge. I must say that I have been very impressed with the
      technical nature of discussions. I would have liked my first post to be on
      the subject of microhydro, but it's a cry for help.

      I am in the middle of a trying to supply a donated wind/solar system to
      Nepal. This system is going to be installed at a clinic at the base of Mount
      Everest. My problem is that I can not seem to find a way to get the shipment
      into Nepal (Kathmandu). From past threads I know that a number of you have
      either work, or have done work in Nepal. I was wondering if I could ask for
      some assistance in finding out what paper work needs to be put together and
      if you know of a shipping company which can handle door to door K.L.
      Malaysia to Kathmandu, or Port Calcutta to Kathmandu.

      We have a company in Kathmandu which is going to handle the Kathmandu to
      Mount Everest part, but we can not seem to find a cost effective way of
      Shipping warehouse to warehouse K.L. to Kathmandu. Right now our best
      shipping options costs more than half the equipment cost (which may cause
      the donator to rethink his donation).

      If someone could possibly give us a contact, or information on what paper
      work we needs to filled out for a donated system and recommend a shipper
      that would be EXTREMELY helpful. We have been trying through regular
      channels and our contact in Nepal for 1 month, and now time is getting very
      tight. The window for installation is only 2 months (September and October).
      I would like to thank all of you in advance for at least reading this email.

      Regards,

      Michael Elliott
      Project Engineer
      Synergy Power Corporation