BI-DIRECTIONAL HIGH VOLTAGE CONVERTER

  • nando37
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2013
      GENTLEMEN :

      I am looking for a bi-directional high voltage converters to charge
      batteries or to supply a high voltage ( 360 to 600 Volts) with at least
      9 - 10 KW capabilities

      The unit is supposed to receive 360 DC basic voltage from a Solar panel
      farm to charge batteries in one of the cases it would be a large 48
      volts battery bank , in another case the battery voltage could be as
      high as 400 volts --

      This is for a proposed Solar panel 19 KW farm for demonstration purposes
      for future multiple solar panels farms.

      During the solar times the bi-directional inverter will charge the
      batteries and the Solar Panels Farms will as well, at the same time, be
      tied to the GRID and when the Sun goes to bed the batteries will
      reconvert the battery voltage to produce a high voltage to feed the GRID
      connected converter -- a good inverter like a 10 KW from SMA that can
      take 360 + volts and be connected to the GRID without batteries.

      The initial system may have a lower BATTERY voltage but later the
      voltage can be increased to the Solar panels farm voltage like 360 volts DC.

      Does any one have sources for such bi-directional converter and if so,
      can you supply the web pages and addresses and phone numbers to contact
      those industries.

      Of course the voltage ranges may require to have different
      bi-directional converters

      Your assistance is highly appreciated.

      Nando
    • Allhydro
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4, 2013
        Nando;
        I'll ask The sales Engineer in my company Of we carry such a converter and I'll let you know during The day.
        Angel

        Enviado desde mi iPhone

[...]

      • Max Enfield
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 4, 2013
          Nando,

          Zigor make inverters-chargers suitable for batteries up to 700VDC.
          Have a look at http://www.zigor.com/uk/index.php/en/products/renewaleenergy/pvsolar/batgen

          Regards,

          Max Enfield
          Boutique Power

          On 04/06/2013, nando37 <nando37@...> wrote:
          > GENTLEMEN :
          >
          > I am looking for a bi-directional high voltage converters to charge
          > batteries or to supply a high voltage ( 360 to 600 Volts) with at least
          > 9 - 10 KW capabilities
          >
          > The unit is supposed to receive 360 DC basic voltage from a Solar panel
          > farm to charge batteries in one of the cases it would be a large 48
          > volts battery bank , in another case the battery voltage could be as
          > high as 400 volts --
          >
          > This is for a proposed Solar panel 19 KW farm for demonstration purposes
          > for future multiple solar panels farms.
          >
          > During the solar times the bi-directional inverter will charge the
          > batteries and the Solar Panels Farms will as well, at the same time, be
          > tied to the GRID and when the Sun goes to bed the batteries will
          > reconvert the battery voltage to produce a high voltage to feed the GRID
          > connected converter -- a good inverter like a 10 KW from SMA that can
          > take 360 + volts and be connected to the GRID without batteries.
          >
          > The initial system may have a lower BATTERY voltage but later the
          > voltage can be increased to the Solar panels farm voltage like 360 volts
          > DC.
          >
          > Does any one have sources for such bi-directional converter and if so,
          > can you supply the web pages and addresses and phone numbers to contact
          > those industries.
          >
          > Of course the voltage ranges may require to have different
          > bi-directional converters
          >
          > Your assistance is highly appreciated.
          >
          > Nando

        • nando37
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 12, 2013
            Max:

            Thank you for the information

            The site look quite interesting and the interested party is contacting them.

            Thanks again

            Nando