Re: [microhydro] HYDRO PLANTS Y CALCULATIONS

  • Allhydro
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 31, 2013
      Nando;
      I can't avoid expressing this after having read your message.
      The main problem our group faces from time to tome hasn't changed in years.
      The newbies come to the group with the same aim they go to the HOME DEPOT and hydropower can't be treated as a DIY project unless you have the knowledge to do it. Most of them think they are able to bypass the consultants by coming to the group and there is no way to do that if you want to get things well done. The only way the group might assist them is when they present a punctual problem or to get a first approach to the potential and no further than than.
      I don't question the capability of us to deliver some advise but there is no way to get a full commitment with a project if you are not formally involved with it and master all the necessary information and not just a bunch if data some private developer thought we might need and provided to the group.
      This is just my approach to the matter.
      I'm sure many ideas will pop up.
      Regards;

      Angel

      Angel L Ricardo
      President, RECA Corp.
      http://reca-corp.com/index.html

      Enviado desde mi iPhone

      El Mar 31, 2013, a las 2:10 PM, "Nando" <nando37@...> escribió:

      TO ALL:

      Lately I have been getting many direct messages asking for help to set up
      microhydro electric plants.

      The great majority of the messages clearly indicate that the writer does not
      have the experience or the know how to implement a hydro plant to produce
      Vac directly.

      In most of the cases , the writers use as a base the Turgo turbines of
      www.h-hydro.com , like a blue turbine with 20 spoons which has a PCD of 85
      mm = 8.5 cms

      The writers report that have plenty water volume and great heads and when
      questioned about the heads and the volume of water level I get reports of 8
      to 10 meters ( 27 to 30 feet) and 20 or so GPM and plan to produce KW of
      power and it becomes my necessity to show them how erroneous they are in
      their projects capabilities

      Therefore from now on I will implement again the welcome message requesting
      the necessary information even if some of the members believe that is not
      necessary, I do not want to spend my time to explain to the writers what
      the problem is because I have limited time, I am retired and since I suffer
      a muscular dystrophy that makes me tired quite easily, I need to reduce my
      loads to a maximum.

      I would like to get suggestions to add or remove from the welcome message.

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      New member Welcome

      Message writing

      If responding to a message - respond with the SUBJECT : OF the Thread You
      are responding to.

      If sending a new message with NO relation to the Subject of an OLD Thread
      already existing, do not use the OLD thread Subject -- make a NEW THREAD .

      1) Name
      2) Where the member is located
      3) Member experience level with hydro principles (newbie, basic, some ,
      heavy etc )
      4) Project in mind (name of the site)
      5) Head (accurately measured )
      6) Water volume ( accurate measured seasonally) Ideally :lowest and highest
      season values and the year volume profile .
      7) Pipe ( Penstock) length
      8) Type of turbine if has been defined and why
      9) Generator type , power, voltage and frequency if Vac
      10) Expected power
      11) Site problems if any

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Nando

    • Cliff
      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 1 4:32 AM
        Nando,

        I am sympathetic to your concerns ans special circumstances, but I suggest that rather than demanding such standards from any member posting a question is that you ignore anyone who does not meet your informational threshold.

        I detect there are plenty of other experts here who are willing to engage newcomers in an exchange. Not all questions require the list you presented. Some projects may be at an early-enough stage that the data is not available.

        The "welcome message" you are suggesting is not welcoming at all.

        Cliff

        --- In microhydro@yahoogroups.com, "Nando" <nando37@...> wrote:

        > TO ALL:
        >
        > Lately I have been getting many direct messages asking for help to set up microhydro electric plants.
        >
        > The great majority of the messages clearly indicate that the writer does not have the experience or the know how to implement a hydro plant to produce Vac directly.
        >
        > In most of the cases , the writers use as a base the Turgo turbines of www.h-hydro.com , like a blue turbine with 20 spoons which has a PCD of 85 mm = 8.5 cms
        >
        > The writers report that have plenty water volume and great heads and when questioned about the heads and the volume of water level I get reports of 8 to 10 meters ( 27 to 30 feet) and 20 or so GPM and plan to produce KW of power and it becomes my necessity to show them how erroneous they are in their projects capabilities
        >
        > Therefore from now on I will implement again the welcome message requesting the necessary information even if some of the members believe that is not necessary, I do not want to spend my time to explain to the writers what the problem is because I have limited time, I am retired and since I suffer a muscular dystrophy that makes me tired quite easily, I need to reduce my loads to a maximum.
        >
        > I would like to get suggestions to add or remove from the welcome message.
        >
        > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        > New member Welcome
        >
        > Message writing
        >
        > If responding to a message - respond with the SUBJECT : OF the Thread You are responding to.
        >
        > If sending a new message with NO relation to the Subject of an OLD Thread already existing, do not use the OLD thread Subject -- make a NEW THREAD .
        >

        > 1) Name
        > 2) Where the member is located
        > 3) Member experience level with hydro principles (newbie, basic, some, heavy etc )
        > 4) Project in mind (name of the site)
        > 5) Head (accurately measured )
        > 6) Water volume ( accurate measured seasonally) Ideally :lowest and highest season values and the year volume profile .
        > 7) Pipe ( Penstock) length
        > 8) Type of turbine if has been defined and why
        > 9) Generator type , power, voltage and frequency if Vac
        > 10) Expected power
        > 11) Site problems if any
        >
        > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        >
        > Nando

      • ba5_1
        Message 3 of 21 , Apr 1 9:09 AM
          Nando,
          I think the welcome email is a great idea.
          However, I do think it needs clarification with regard to #6 "water volume". What time frames do you mean when you say "highest and lowest season values"? Is it l/s/day, week, month, what?. Same for "yearly profile"...is that measured daily, weekly, monthly? Perhaps you could provide a sample of a yearly profile we could emulate?

          Thanks,
          Bill

          From: "Nando" <nando37@...>
          Sender: microhydro@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 13:10:21 -0500
          To: MICROHYDRO@ya<microhydro@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: microhydro@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: [microhydro] HYDRO PLANTS Y CALCULATIONS

[...]

        • brent zook
          Message 4 of 21 , Apr 1 3:11 PM

            As a "newbie" to the group I am very grateful for the answers to the questions I have had. I also never expected the group to give me enough information to do a self install but rather just answer some of my "ignorance" questions in my search for knowledge on the subject. I think it is sometimes important to remember that nobody was born with this knowledge and that if people didn't answer these questions for all of us we would never truly become knowledgeable in this area.
            I do understand that the "passerby's" can become overwhelming with questions but I suggest that if someone doesn't have the time or energy to help at the time then you leave their questions for others to answer. I personally would not have been put off by a welcome message as long as it was worded politely as I'm sure it would be.
            Again, thanks to everyone for your patience with my questions.
            Brent

            Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

            Message 5 of 21 , Apr 2 5:25 PM

              I have been a great proponent of the green microhydro and Solar Voltaic communities for most of my life.

              For those in our microhydro group interested in what I believe to be the world’s next source of totally green power, I present the Searl Effect Generator (SEG), which I have investigated over the past 2 months, and now believe that this device generates power out of the surrounding environment naturally.  More interestingly, it generates this power using passing electrons, just like microhydro generates power using passing water.  Nothing is “used up”, only borrowed for awhile.  There is potential energy in water at a higher state (head), just as there is energy in atoms (tension) at a higher state.

              Keep your minds open, and you will see.  I have no agenda here except to educate.

              I believe this technology to be the saving grace of our planet.

              Enjoy…

              https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NLoHalNSDCA

              J. Lee Brady

              Advanced Design & Prototype Solutions

            • Robert Maginnis
              Message 6 of 21 , Apr 3 1:59 AM

                ".....Searl also claims to have had his house powered from one of his SEG devices. However, press reports indicate that instead he bypassed the electric meter. Searl was subsequently convicted for stealing electricity and damaging the property of the electricity company.[18]He then engaged in a vendettaagainst the electricity company.[19][20]

                bob

                Message 7 of 21 , Apr 3 5:42 AM
                  To me it sounds like a video made for potential investors to be scammed.... If he had a working prototype it should be shown generating electricity with no external power source feeding it, and verified by some independent people.... sorry this presentation a bit to "slick" for me and I smell a rat....
                  /Bjorn

                  Message 8 of 21 , Apr 3 7:52 AM
                    Enjoy the YOUTUBE, laugh and forget it !!

                    Those passing electrons are already tooooo tired to "offer free" much energy  to such small device.

                      Message 10 of 21 , Apr 4 7:12 AM

                        For the benefit of others I will reply and provide them with these links:

                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRex364_Yv8

                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1Tddl_1Avs

                        PS:

                        Let's see some well-known pioneering heretics:

                        Newton (1642-1727): First in history to articulate the universal law of gravitation, that is to say, an invisible force that acts at a distance, whereas at the time everyone was convinced that any force is manifested only by contact. His ideas were fought for over 30 years ...

                        Röntgen (1845-1923):
                        The inventor of X rays, long before its first medical application, was accused of being a charlatan by Lord Kelvin, one of the most eminent scientists of his time. In effect, Röntgen violated the laws of physics ...
                        Today, all hospitals violate the rules of physics.

                        Alexander Graham Bell (1847-1922):
                        He was prosecuted by the U.S. court for fraud because he was trying to raise capital to manufacture telephone equipment. The prosecution cited the bar for physicists and engineers of the most respected who told the court that THE LAW OF PHYSICS MADE IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR THE TRANSPORT IN THE HUMAN VOICE CABLE ...

                        Orville and Wilbur Wright (respectively 1871 -1948 and 1867-1912):
                        The Wright brothers were accused of being fraudulent by the entire American press when a mathematician at the Academy of Sciences of the United States wrote an article, illustrated by numerous mathematical formulas proving that no object heavier than air could not fly because it "violating all laws of physics". The magazine "Scientific American" (the equivalent of "The Search") has even accused the Wright brothers to be as pathetic crooks. In England, Lord Kelvin (again), President of Royal Society of Sciences has even added from his pulpit: "THE FLYING MACHINES HEAVIER THAN AIR ARE STRICTLY IMPOSSIBLE.

                        Einstein (1879-1955):
                        His theory of relativity has been contested by all mathematics teachers who reported that this was the BIGGEST HOAX OF THE HISTORY OF SCIENCE because it violates ALL THE RULES OF MATHEMATICS AND PHYSICS.
                        It took 20 years to Einstein for his theory is accepted (with the Nobel Prize) and he is no longer accused of charlatanism.

                        It was the same as for other scientists.

                        Here is a quote from Howard Bloom, author of book "The Lucifer Principle":

                        "Things are not so different in the modern scientific community. Researchers in sociology maintain a mask of objectivity. But behind this mask, some schools of thought hidden ideological goals. When students from these movements relate facts that contradict the principles of the creed of their group, we do not congratulate for the objectivity of their work, they were punished for their heresy. They are ridiculed, their articles are rejected by the newspapers and they are excluded from the larger symposia. This is an indirect way of forcing them to "leave the movement." A similar repression mechanism exists in all scientific fields that I know. For many scientists, going against the current is equivalent to ACADEMIC SUICIDE.

                        (the source of those assertions are drawn from the book "Worlds in Collision" by Dr. Immanuel Velikovsky)

[...]

                      • Dr. Fombong
                        Message 11 of 21 , Apr 4 7:14 AM
                          You micro hydro guys seem to be too negative. Open your minds!
                          I was like one of you a few years back and rejected all such things as the SEG with all rigor untiI fell into experimenting with high frequency currents and pulsating high frequency magnetic fields in 3-dimension.
                          I was so flabbergasted, I gave up everything to study OPEN ENERGY SYSTEMS. Energy systems are not closed  as arbitrary assume in our education as scientists. A small amount of energy appropriated put into a given system can and does output more energy than has been put in by interacting with other systems.
                          The secret of FREE ENERGY [which is not free] comes from the way one harvests the energy provoked in adjacent systems.
                          I suggest that we should Investigate like the scientists we claim to be before condemning any claims of free energy systems.
                          They may be simple postulates or hypotheses which are in our jurisdiction to experiment and prove or otherwise.

                          Dr. Fru Matty FOMBONG (D Eng, PhD),
                          Executive Director, Rural World Resources International
                          Food Market Junction, Che Street
                          Mankon, Bamenda
                          North West Region
                          CAMEROON

                              Message 14 of 21 , Apr 4 1:21 PM

                                Ok.

                                PS:  Ever been taught math like this?

                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pvuTZ5u6Kg

                                Enjoy the box,

                                J. Lee Brady

                                Message 15 of 21 , Apr 4 3:39 PM
                                  Wow! That was 9 minutes of my life I'll never get back, That video is a bunch of pseudoscientific-but-grand-sounding nonsense.

                                  The following is a quote from a Jay Wacker, Stanford professor of theoretical physics after viewing Powell's presentation at 2010 TEDxCharlotte

                                  "Wow. Such fucking bullshit. Well, I am theoretical physicist who uses (and teaches) the technical meaning of many of the jargon terms that he's throwing out. And he is simply doing a random word association with the terms. Basically, he's either insane a huckster going for fame or money doing a Sokal's hoax on TEDx I'd bet equal parts 1 & 2."

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Apr 6 9:06 AM
                                    Hi,
                                    For a pretty good way to experiment with this yourself, watch the videos with the free energy computer fan. There are quite a few of them saying that it does work and another quantity saying that it doesn't. Either way, this is a cheapo experiment This is one of my favorites:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I3Ly5mBhT4
                                    I'm still looking through them, because I'm completely skeptical, but I have noticed that the people who try to debunk the myth are not too careful with their setups. What I would like to see is a whole group of them on one side or another where the people were very careful with the setup and come to some conclusion. Even if they're not too careful with the setup, the ones where they don't align the magnetic poles just seem dense.
                                    If this turns out to actually work, then I wonder what happens to the magnets in the long term. Do they become chunks of nonmagnetic metal over a long period?
                                    The next time I replace a tiny fan, I think I have a use for the old one. If it winds up working (yeah, a pun)then there will be a series of them on our meat smoker next year.
                                    Sue Kaveny
                                    --- In microhydro@yahoogroups.com, "Brady, Lee" <Lee.Brady@...> wrote:

                                    > I have been a great proponent of the green microhydro and Solar Voltaic communities for most of my life.
                                    > For those in our microhydro group interested in what I believe to be the world's next source of totally green power, I present the Searl Effect Generator (SEG), which I have investigated over the past 2 months, and now believe that this device generates power out of the surrounding environment naturally. More interestingly, it generates this power using passing electrons, just like microhydro generates power using passing water. Nothing is "used up", only borrowed for awhile. There is potential energy in water at a higher state (head), just as there is energy in atoms (tension) at a higher state.
                                    >
                                    > Keep your minds open, and you will see. I have no agenda here except to educate.
                                    > I believe this technology to be the saving grace of our planet.
                                    >
                                    > Enjoy...
                                    >
                                    > https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NLoHalNSDCA
                                    >

                                    > J. Lee Brady
                                    > Advanced Design & Prototype Solutions

                                  • wim_klunne
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Apr 6 10:19 AM
                                      Dear group,
                                      This discussion is not related to hydropower and I will stop this thread. Any new postings on SEG will be blocked.
                                      I trust you understand.

                                      Best,

                                      Wim
                                      (moderator)

                                      Message 18 of 21 , Apr 6 11:28 AM
                                        Susan:

                                        Thanks for the video a good HOAX KILLER

                                        This is one of the reasons why the group do not receive from me any report over those  CON ideas  witch are quite common displayed in Internet.

                                        The first step in examining some of those ideas is : what is the efficiency of every aspect in the system displayed and simple calculations show that such "free energy" are needing a great deal of efficiency in areas of a 140 to  190 % to really work.

                                        I used to debunk the ideas of the small brushless computer fan motors years back in presence of a large number of engineers until the last minute when I showed the true set up, I even included a RF tuned detector to receive a CW signal to turn the motor ON at will .

                                        Mother Nature tell us constantly that all the possible systems we dream will have an efficiency lower than 100 % -- and this has been shown with the systems where billions of dollars have been invested trying to produce energy using hydrogen and lasers to generate energy in greater levels -- this is one path that the countries are trying to develop to replace the hydrocarbon fuels that eventually will be depleted in our Mother Planet earth, though Methane is being produced in quantities by Mother Nature herself and the cows as well.

                                        Sent: Saturday, April 06, 2013 11:06
                                        Subject: [microhydro] Re: SEG

                                        Message 19 of 21 , Apr 8 7:10 AM
                                          Hi Sue;
                                          I don't wanna look like the "bomb guy" here in the forum but there is not such a FREE ENERGY. There is just a huge lack of physics and basic electricity principles knowledge.
                                          I'll be back with more when I had the chance.
                                          Too much work.
                                          Angel

                                          Enviado desde mi iPhone

                                          Message 20 of 21 , Apr 10 11:16 PM
                                            Angel,
                                            Thanks.
                                            You're right.
                                            I work a lot of hours sometimes and don't investigate the stuff as well as I should, and don't have a good enough educational background in the subject to sort it out without each thing being new and opening up new areas that I have to educate myself in.
                                            If you glance at the video, this guy debunks the thing and shows how the magnets come into play, but with battery power. That's why I liked that one. He built it well.
                                            That's one of my pet peeves, really. When I watch a youtube video, it tends to be either over my head to the extent that I wind up spending hours in a book or online course to understand it, or it's so poorly built that I back away. I'm good at the building part but not so much at the technology.
                                            A lot of good technology falls apart because of sloppy building.
                                            Thanks again,
                                            Sue